Bought my FZ6R a week ago and Im in love...

Millhouse

Hey guys, I just joined the forum and just recently picked up a used fz6r. Its a raven 09, and it had 249 miles on it when I bought it :D Bone stock. In the past week ive put almost 250 miles on it and all I can say is I LOVE this bike. It is everything I was hoping it would be. Comfortable, good mpg, good handling, good looking, and good power. I have 3qts of amsoil and a filter sitting in a bag waiting to go in this weekend if the weather gets nice enough to mess with it :rolleyes: I look forward to learning on the site!

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

FZ6R66

I bought mine a month ago. A 2009 white with 1800 miles for dirt cheap. It had the 2 brothers exhaust and juice box and other stuff. I would have to agree with you. Love the bike.

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

yfz6r

My bike takes about 3.2q of oil every change (with filter change). Thought it was supposed to get 2.9 but 3.2 lines my level right in the center of the dipstick markings.
Anyone else experience this?

Millhouse

I believe you have to stand the bike up level to check the oil on our bikes. Do you check it level or on the kickstand?

Rookasaki

:welcome: this site is seriously awesome! I bought my 6R a year and 4months ago! I still think it's perfect. I find myself staring at her at times wishing she was mine! haha.. and she is. :) enjoy the site!

jakeaz

Had mine 5 weeks now and was only able to ride her one week due to ankle sugery but i put 600 miles on her and did the first oil change all in the first week one of the nicest bikes ive rode just not the fastest

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member
Last edited:

jakeaz

Arizona has everything with in 6 hours of were i am Ocean is 6 hours snowboarding is 3 hours away, snow mobiling is 3 hours away, sand dunes are 4 hours away, lake is 15 minutes away its the best of all the worlds and i do alot of variety of everything i go snowboarding around 6 times a year, lake all summer long and sometimes in the winter, i got to the sand dunes about 6 times a year, quadding and dirtbiking all year round, hiking and camping all year round... All this without freezing my balls off or worrying about the rain and stuff etc

Last edited:

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

rjohnson5481

That's like saying "Where I live is great. I can travel for six hours and be somewhere different."
I'm in AZ and when you're in the military that's what matters, you don't get to live in the greatest places so the " closer " you are to things like that the better.

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member
Last edited: