BN 2013-Help me Decide some MODS...

JBAX

Cockpit/Handlebar
Initially just gonna change to the more forward/lower set up.
(Free so why not)
Maybe Change to Yamaha FZ1 Bars later?
Red wind screen bolts (a la LATony)

GSXR Mirrors
-Can people see as well as the stock mirrors with these?

Shorter/adjustable levers? $40-100
-Pazzo Shorty levers

Fender Eliminator (I need to pick one)
R&G Tidy Tail fender eliminator
DMP
Motodynamics (1 piece clear or smoke)
Competition Werkes
Puig
-Are all these street legal in State of CT?

Rear Tire Hugger Puig

Headlight KIT
YANA SHIKI H4 HID kit?

Front signal Kit
Motodynamics ($45) Smoke only?
-Street legal in State of CT?

Frame Sliders
T-Rex or Shogun

FORK GUTS
(I looked up on Race Tech Calculator and it recommended .9 for riding/.95 for racing. Stock is .9 I believe. Shud I even bother changing)
Would fork oil make any improvements for me at 160lbs? Maybe I just leave it alone?

REAR SHOCK
Just Adjust Preload to my weight. (set to 3 right now)
Shud I bother with a Race Tech spring?
Stock is 9.4kg (Race Tech calculator recommends 19kg road riding and 19.38 racing)
Can’t I just dial up the preload on the stock spring and achieve the same thing?

EXHAUST (Wud like to look something, but not sure how much I want to spend)
Two Bros Slip on?
Two Bros Full?
Marthy or other ideas?

BRAKES
Spiegler, Galfer or other quality SS Front Brake Lines
(Shud I only change the front? As rear SS line may make it too sensitive?)
If I am pulling lines already, I was considering having the calipers sprayed red to match the chasis.

I know a full exhaust would be the most expensive. And not sure I am ready for that. Have heard two Bros is LOUD, which is not necessarily what I am after. Maybe intially, Just looking for a little more serious deeper sound. Instead of the minor notes the stock set up gives.

Most of these are the "common mods." But since I would say you are all way more experienced in the mods dept, would love some input on what's good/bad or just best bang for the $$.

Thanks in advance.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

latony007

Cockpit/Handlebar
Initially just gonna change to the more forward/lower set up.
(Free so why not)
Maybe Change to Yamaha FZ1 Bars later?
Red wind screen bolts (a la LATony)

GSXR Mirrors
-Can people see as well as the stock mirrors with these?

Shorter/adjustable levers? $40-100
-Pazzo Shorty levers

Fender Eliminator (I need to pick one)
R&G Tidy Tail fender eliminator
DMP
Motodynamics (1 piece clear or smoke)
Competition Werkes
Puig
-Are all these street legal in State of CT?

Rear Tire Hugger Puig

Headlight KIT
YANA SHIKI H4 HID kit?

Front signal Kit
Motodynamics ($45) Smoke only?
-Street legal in State of CT?

Frame Sliders
T-Rex or Shogun

FORK GUTS
(I looked up on Race Tech Calculator and it recommended .9 for riding/.95 for racing. Stock is .9 I believe. Shud I even bother changing)
Would fork oil make any improvements for me at 160lbs? Maybe I just leave it alone?

REAR SHOCK
Just Adjust Preload to my weight. (set to 3 right now)
Shud I bother with a Race Tech spring?
Stock is 9.4kg (Race Tech calculator recommends 19kg road riding and 19.38 racing)
Can’t I just dial up the preload on the stock spring and achieve the same thing?

EXHAUST (Wud like to look something, but not sure how much I want to spend)
Two Bros Slip on?
Two Bros Full?
Marthy or other ideas?

BRAKES
Spiegler, Galfer or other quality SS Front Brake Lines
(Shud I only change the front? As rear SS line may make it too sensitive?)
If I am pulling lines already, I was considering having the calipers sprayed red to match the chasis.

I know a full exhaust would be the most expensive. And not sure I am ready for that. Have heard two Bros is LOUD, which is not necessarily what I am after. Maybe intially, Just looking for a little more serious deeper sound. Instead of the minor notes the stock set up gives.

Most of these are the "common mods." But since I would say you are all way more experienced in the mods dept, would love some input on what's good/bad or just best bang for the $$.

Thanks in advance.
Dont forget the bolts on the fairings too :)

Im short so i wound up having to put risers on my bars, made a huge difference though my wrists used to hurt after 30 minutes.

GSXR Mirrors, had them on my bike, looked cool, could not see s*** however i do have risers, if you were trying to lower your bars might work better but will be nothign like the stocks which you can see everything.

Didn't like the shorty levers so i got some regular size black/red ones.

HID search the forum, Rabbitman is the HID expert and can get you whatever you want usually cheaper.

Front signals anything will work, mine are bigger and traingle shapped than the standard flush mount, cost like 10$.

FE Kit, I just got a basic one, a lot of guys like the motodynamics with the integrated signals but i like more lights not less lol.

Preload again i am short so i moved it to 2 get .001 inches more foot on the floor lol.

Have not touched forks or brakes.

I have T-rex, they look way better but some people had some problems with them sending the wrong mounting bolts, Mine went on in 2 minutes and look great. Both will protect in a drop or low speed incident.

Marthy does all the exhaust work and can also save you some money. Personally i love the quiet of the 6R and the fact the exhaust is not out there to burn your leg on, my neighbors love it too. But i realize im in the minority on that one.

The best mod of the many mods i have done would have to be the seat no question hands down. All others were for looks but seat made the whole ride better. Search Dirt Road Custom for reviews and pictures.

Chucker

Personally, I go for performance mods that make a real difference first. Therefore, my suggestions to start are, in this order:

1. Frame sliders - relatively cheap and easy, but necessary.
2. Suspension - Race Tech fork and shock springs, with 15W oil in the forks. Be very diligent in cutting the spacer to the right length to make it somewhat difficult to get the fork cap threads to catch. This gave mine about 25mm of sag. The suspension change made it a completely different bike.
3. FZ1 bars - I was amazed at the difference in my riding position and how it improved my body position in turns.
4. SS brake lines - I only did the fronts, as the rear already grabs more than necessary. It was like installing new brakes = much improved feel.
5. Spool adapters - A spool stand is much better than dicking around with a swingarm stand.

I also did the Puig racing screen, which really smoothed out the airflow.

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

photoman002

Don't forget about the flasher relays for the rear if you get LED up front and in back..

What about a juice Box or other type of fuel commander?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk