Bluetooth Headset that'll Stream Mp3?

D

Deleted member 9794

Hey Everyone

I tried using the forum search feature but I couldn't find any mention of what I'm looking for: specifically I want a blue tooth headset for my helmet that will stream music from my cellphone (I believe this technology is called A2DP).

I've got the Scala Rider Q2 but it will only play music from a device using the supplied cord which is really annoying (and a bit dangerous) considering if I mount my phone to the handlebars the cord is obviously in the way.

Does anybody have experience with or recommendations for a headset that can do this?

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

ajskillz13

I would suggest the UClear HBC-100... No boom for the microphone, so it's really easy to mount on any helmet. Audio is as good as you can expect in your helmet and Bluetooth phone features are nice. You can pick up calls by just saying "hello". Had that happen for the first time on the road yesterday and the caller was at least able to understand me and I could hear her crystal.

U-CLEAR HBC100 Bluetooth Communicator - RevZilla

D

Deleted member 9794

Thanks

Hey thanks everyone - I think I may go with the UClear:

The jawbone vibration/boom-less system kinda has me sold. That is a pain-point I have with the scala rider Q2 (they sell a wired flat mic that can be velcro'd onto the chin bar but I feel like they should've just made that a default option instead of forcing you to buy it separately for $50).

Also, I use 2 different helmets so their "paper clip" style removal system is also an improvement to me versus the screw on system of the Q2.

Motoboss: Great helmet!

Does anybody have experience with or recommendations for a headset that can do this?

ATTENTION BOSS_601! I have had the Motoboss Communicator for about 5 months now, I totally recommend this helmet to you!

-It is capable of every feature you mentioned you wanted.
-Affordable!
-It connects via "BLINC bluetooth" to your cell phone, (easiest place to put your cell phone during a ride is in your front pocket of your jacket, no complications.)
-When connected via bluetooth you are capable of MP3, GPS navigation same as your phone, (music will cut off then your navigation will tell you the direction just how your phone would, then the music turns back on, same with phone calls)
-Easy to operate Volume/Call controller located on clutch side of helmet so your gas hand isn't interfered with.
-A very cool Helmet to Helmet intercom so riders with other bluetooth systems can pair up with your helmet, (No interference when other calls come in, your intercom conversation terminated and the call is passed thru to your helmet)

I personally recommend this Helmet. :cool:

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member
Last edited:

bjs045

U-Clear is next on my list too. I've read nothing but good reviews on the product itself. Just a matter of saving up the $$ now =)

ajskillz13

Hey thanks everyone - I think I may go with the UClear:

The jawbone vibration/boom-less system kinda has me sold. That is a pain-point I have with the scala rider Q2 (they sell a wired flat mic that can be velcro'd onto the chin bar but I feel like they should've just made that a default option instead of forcing you to buy it separately for $50).

Also, I use 2 different helmets so their "paper clip" style removal system is also an improvement to me versus the screw on system of the Q2.
I will tell you that you need to check your helmet before you let the clip sway your vote. I ended up having to use the double stick tape for the mount because the neck rolls on my Bell Vortex and my wife's Scorpion EXO700 wouldn't really allow for the clip to go where it needed.

Still no problems, though. The tape is great. I even had to remove and re-apply it once on my helmet and it is still rock solid. My only gripe is that the communicator can get jarred loose from the mount with a shoulder bump if you put it too far forward like I did. I've found it hanging by the cord once when I stopped. Might just need a little adjustment to the mount.

**Edit** I would suggest checking to see if they will sell you an additional mount and speakers if you have to use the tape. You could then switch helmets in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 9794

I will tell you that you need to check your helmet before you let the clip sway your vote. I ended up having to use the double stick tape for the mount because the neck rolls on my Bell Vortex and my wife's Scorpion EXO700 wouldn't really allow for the clip to go where it needed.

Still no problems, though. The tape is great. I even had to remove and re-apply it once on my helmet and it is still rock solid. My only gripe is that the communicator can get jarred loose from the mount with a shoulder bump if you put it too far forward like I did. I've found it hanging by the cord once when I stopped. Might just need a little adjustment to the mount.

**Edit** I would suggest checking to see if they will sell you an additional mount and speakers if you have to use the tape. You could then switch helmets in a heartbeat.
Thanks for the tip, I know what you're referring to with your wife's scorpion, my exo400 is a bit of a pain since they made those hard plastic tabs connect into the shell that way. I'm actually about to get rid of that helmet since it doesn't fit as comfortably as it should (I got it on sale during the winter just to try something new). I've got a Gmax G68S on the way and I'll evaluate whether a clip will work w/ it or not before I order the UClear. If it does I'll definitely order a spare set of speakers for quick switching.

CtrlAltDl

I've got to say, nothing personal, but your posting looks all sorts of like an infommercial. It's probably not, but I can just see Ron Popeil reading what you wrote verbatim and the corny lady saying "really? Wow Ron, that's awesome. Steak knives too?"

Edit: Too funny - I found it for sale on a site that sells cheesy jewelry, just like you'd see on QVC

Just because my informational posts offer more information then your tidium, does not mean you should become offended :spank: