bjs045 videos? wtf?

bmw675

i never lane split so seeing it is always a little different for me. but i didn't see anything wrong with the amount or speed in which you were doing it.

btw, you sure have alot of prius(es)<--- :don'tknow: out there.

PWJ

I think it's crazy to lane split like that in the video, especially on the highway with moving traffic. So much can go wrong it's not funny. Putting yourself in between two cars like that on a highway is nuts. If its stopped traffic though then lane splitting is okay because there is a little less that could go wrong. This is my opinion. With traffic i usually drive as if i was in a car. On open roads with no one in sight and i can see the the landscape to my sides I will go as crazy as I want because the only element of danger is me. just my 2 cents

Rookasaki

Nice vid.. :thumbup: I'll lane split on the highway at times... You must pick and choose your battles. If you have the riding skill to lane split like that then by all means go have fun...

Last edited:

JonKerr

Elite Member

bjs045

Some clips of my ride home on that same day. Man look at that sky! :p

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI6-KKslLek"]Going Home Test[/ame]

Detrich

So Cali is Prius central, for sure...

Now that the Chevy Volt is coming out, Toyota's been giving Prius leases away.

Zero down $200/ month for 3 years. They are very scared, because if u've ever test driven a Volt, the Prius feels very dated... lol

Spunky99

So I haven't made this video public yet, it can only be viewed here. Should I post it public? Was the lane splitting to much? Let me know.

YouTube - What?!?
You drive just like I drive. Agressive?Defensive. Proper passing speeds and excellent lane splitting skills.
Nice safe job:rockon:

bjs045

You drive just like I drive. Agressive?Defensive. Proper passing speeds and excellent lane splitting skills.
Nice safe job:rockon:
Spunky bro you live so close to me. I know every road you ride on. Hey SCAR is doing a PV easy cruise this weekend if weather permits. Would be awesome to meet up with ya.

bjs045

Thanks for everyones opinions and with all said and done, I was pretty shocked at how aggressive it looked on video. At the time I was riding it didn't seem THAT aggressive. But now I can see how others see me on the road. Lesson learned. Be wary of your emotions! Be safe out there, ride to your own limits, and keep'em down. :rockon:

bjs045

SCAR Redondo to Palos Verdes intro easy cruise

Here's a small clip of our ride on 2-27-11. Attending from this forum is Detrich, Flyingmino, and myself. Dunno if these will count for the scavenger hunt but we went over two bridges in long beach, St. Thomas and St. George. Also for the histirc land marks you'll see the Queen Mary and Carnal Cruiseliner(the love boat) in the background. Or if your a motorsports fan there are still bleachers up for the long beach grand pre

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99juLxqnWlo&feature=youtube_gdata_player]YouTube - SCAR Redondo to Palos Verdes easy cruise[/ame]

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

bjs045

Don't just cross 2...Go for 4...

Idiot cager crossing quadruple yellow lines and almost hitting me. Was going to give him the "universal hello", but it looks like he already has enough problems.

Quick clip using the GoPro HD and some new editing software.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jazuYocFoJ0"]Don't just cross 2...Go for 4...[/ame]

Sage

So many people don't pay attention.. You're pretty lucky they mere merging slowly

Spunky99

I've been too sick to go for a nice ride.
Hopefully I'll get some more energy after it warms up a bit.

bjs045

So many people don't pay attention.. You're pretty lucky they mere merging slowly
I had my eyes on him when he hit the blinker in the 3rd lane. I didn't think he would come all the to the carpool lane, but I had my thumb on the horn just incase. After riding that FWY for over a year I've learned to watch all lanes in anticipation.

Spunky99

Hope you feel better soon john. Weather report says its going to rain this weekend. Which sucks cause we just got the extra hour of sun light.
I'm taking meds for a Hep-C virus and it's 11 months of injections and pills and no energy and zero immune system. May as well be chemotherapy. I feel like I have the flu 24 x 7. I'm almost 1/2 way there....
I am just conserving energy so I can race the little NSR50R once a month so I feel like I'm doing something....I'm dead after the race and the last one on the Feb 27th I'm still sick from...LOL.....
I'll upgrade the clutch on the NSR and hook up the pink wire on the PCV for the FZ6R and do the Marthy gear map and mileage maps with an added push button to switch between them on the fly. Sport for around town and touring for the trip to Sis house in Temecula. I have a heater in the garage so I can work in the rain...lights etc ready.
My back is trashed from the K1 Speed on Saturday so I hope that is not screaming at me on Saturday....

bjs045

Ortega Hwy 74 pt 2

First time riding Ortega. Next time I'll hit it a bit harder. Never the less, it was a beautiful day to go ride.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6W7c9f3w4k]YouTube - Ortega Hwy 74 pt2[/ame]