Biker Down

r0ar

Yeah I'm glad te cop understood what the hell had happened . I just hope his defense doesn't try to argue that bs . Thanks for sharing the video man and honestly in glad in the TWO occasions he put you in that neither turned out to be deadly or cause serious harm man .

ChUcK

Spunky-

That last part happened so fast that I'm not convinced he was trying to hit or hurt you. Here's what I mean:

-the 'chase' has gone on a few minutes now and is in a sort of stasis while you wait for him to make the next move

-He's been running stops and lights constantly, which require him to be watching out to make sure it's safe to run the stop, not necessarily at that moment looking back to see where you are

-When you pulled alongside him he was surely at that moment looking to the left to see if he could dart out into traffic

-I suspect he didn't know you were right next to him until after he started to move his car, which had the wheels turned to the right because he was making a right turn, not necessarily because he was trying to maneuver to hit you

None of this means he is innocent, of course. At best I would reduce his charges one level and still fine him heavily with a bit of jail time thrown in.

Upon seeing the video, I am now convinced that this scene would be a perfect time to use my patented F-U-Matic Bullhorn. I'm running a special where you get a couple of Sham-Wows thrown in for free if you order today.

Spunky99

Spunky-

That last part happened so fast that I'm not convinced he was trying to hit or hurt you. Here's what I mean:

-the 'chase' has gone on a few minutes now and is in a sort of stasis while you wait for him to make the next move

-He's been running stops and lights constantly, which require him to be watching out to make sure it's safe to run the stop, not necessarily at that moment looking back to see where you are

-When you pulled alongside him he was surely at that moment looking to the left to see if he could dart out into traffic

-I suspect he didn't know you were right next to him until after he started to move his car, which had the wheels turned to the right because he was making a right turn, not necessarily because he was trying to maneuver to hit you

None of this means he is innocent, of course. At best I would reduce his charges one level and still fine him heavily with a bit of jail time thrown in.

Upon seeing the video, I am now convinced that this scene would be a perfect time to use my patented F-U-Matic Bullhorn. I'm running a special where you get a couple of Shamii-Wows thrown in for free if you order today.
Watch the video again. He looks right at me as I pull alongside him. It might have been an accident he hit me I agree but after he ran and failed the dui blood test plus the witness testimony he really has no excuse. His "I'm scared" story vanished when he failed the sobriety test.

NoDoze

His "I'm scared" story vanished when he failed the sobriety test.
Yep, he was probably scared sh1tless but he should have stayed at home or wherever he was having alcohol in his blood above the limit. He could have done much worse, like completely taking you out or other people in cars while running those stops...

Thanks for sharing the video.

Again, glad you are ok.

Spunky99

So....as you know I went in for a checkup Friday afternoon and they took X-rays. The Doctor couldn't tell if I had a fracture in my vertebrae or not because of all the arthritis in the lower back. Well he called today and guess what?
I have a broken the L2 vertebrae....no wonder it was a bit sore when I went on the 2 bicycle rides and the long walk this weekend. My back is so screwed up, I can't tell anymore if I break bones...My mind has figured out how to isolate the back and remove most of the pain to where I can't tell the arthritis from all the ruptured disks or broken bones anymore. I sure felt the broken ribs from crashing the FZ6R but the back is different.
I guess I should go easy on it for a couple of weeks...:cheer:

Detrich

Dang John. Sorry to hear man :(

Try to take things easy and rest up so you can heal.

Do you have to wear a neck or back brace? What's the recovery window?

Spunky99

They are setting up an MRI to see the extent of the damage.
Then I'll know what they want to do about it.
Maybe an injection of glue or some titanium rods or just let it go.
No brace or anything as yet...just hydrocodone.....:D
And I'm working.....

BoneJj

I feel pretty good. I'm sore in a few spots where I strained my muscles trying to keep the bike up and where the bike hit my right inner thigh and of course the area where the car squished my leg. It happened really fast and there was no time to do anything but go down.
Of course the hydrocodone is helping too....
I'm off to walk to get something to eat...can't legally drive...:D

Enjoy the video:
Benny BMW.avi - YouTube
lol, pretty good video there, lol. The music was hilarious.
Thank you buzzbomb....I agree.....Don't do this people..it's not what a sane person does....It was an episode of the Wild Wild West.
I am glad that I was able to get video so you all can enjoy a totally insane squid performance. (Takes bow) I hope not to repeat this again tho. At no time was I angry or road raging. I was calm and pretty amused throughout he whole episode. I was disappointed that my bike bled out (oil) but that can be fixed. The $175.00 tow fee was the most painful part.

As the motor Officer said....I was 50% at fault for getting my bike broken for chasing him down but that doesn't excuse his using a 3000 pound vehicle as a deadly weapon. I was stopped and he was in no danger. Some people get crazy over a bee or a dog near them. That doesn't give them the right or excuse to use deadly force against a human being. A pathetic human being that has no regard for human life or laws is no longer driving around and endangering the public at large.
I don't know what he was thinking when he hit me and knocked me over but at no time did I threaten him. If he was afraid I was going to do him harm, the Police station was only 4 blocks away. But I guess when you are a criminal already the Police are not who you look to for protection.

On a good note, there were more than 5 people that stopped and asked me if I was OK and if I needed any help before the Police arrived. Strangers looking to help a fellow human. That made me feel very good!
If we were sane, we wouldn't own bikes.... I'm just sayin.... lol.

So....as you know I went in for a checkup Friday afternoon and they took X-rays. The Doctor couldn't tell if I had a fracture in my vertebrae or not because of all the arthritis in the lower back. Well he called today and guess what?
I have a broken the L2 vertebrae....no wonder it was a bit sore when I went on the 2 bicycle rides and the long walk this weekend. My back is so screwed up, I can't tell anymore if I break bones...My mind has figured out how to isolate the back and remove most of the pain to where I can't tell the arthritis from all the ruptured disks or broken bones anymore. I sure felt the broken ribs from crashing the FZ6R but the back is different.
I guess I should go easy on it for a couple of weeks...:cheer:
man, you need to be taking it very easy. It would suck to know you lost the use of your legs man.
They are setting up an MRI to see the extent of the damage.
Then I'll know what they want to do about it.
Maybe an injection of glue or some titanium rods or just let it go.
No brace or anything as yet...just hydrocodone.....:D
And I'm working.....
wow, you need to be taking it easy man... settle it down for a few weeks...

Spunky99

wow, you need to be taking it easy man... settle it down for a few weeks...
Wanting a Panigale......:rockon:

jocampo

I'll be 1000% honest with you: I have anger issues. I am not a violent person but suffer or used to suffer of "road rage".

After three close encounters with people who almost hurted me, two with pistols, one who tried to shoot but I escaped, I learned how to let it go.

Life is too short. I won't fix anything chasing someone and is worse if I'm driving a bike.

But I'm really happy you are ok. Any material stuff can be repair or replaces. Your life, a leg, an eye, cannot.

Last edited:

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Spunky99

I will be back on a bike scraping a knee at "The Snake" and I will be back in the air flying airplanes. You can take that to the bank.

Spunky99

I got the Police report and the guy did go to jail and was booked on 245(a)1 so the insurance company will not cover me or my bike.
I did find out he is a CPA and owns his own tax business and owns a house.

Next action item is to find a scumbag Attorney to go after him.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

BoneJj

I got the Police report and the guy did go to jail and was booked on 245(a)1 so the insurance company will not cover me or my bike.
I did find out he is a CPA and owns his own tax business and owns a house.

Next action item is to find a scumbag Attorney to go after him.
and what exactly is a 245(a)1

bmw675

so why wouldn't insurance cover him b/c of it? do they view that as a non 'accident', and rather a criminal dispute?

Spunky99

so why wouldn't insurance cover him b/c of it? do they view that as a non 'accident', and rather a criminal dispute?
If you use your car as a weapon or in a bank robbery the insurance company refuses to cover the liability.