Biker Down

Spunky99

I'm torn.. On the one hand, you're right - Spunky didn't get hit initially and probably should have left well enough alone. But on the other hand, if Spunky didn't chase him, the guy wouldn't be in jail right now, and instead might do the same thing tomorrow to someone else who wasn't as fortunate as fortunate as Spunky.
I think I should have blown it off and went to work.....

JSP

Super Moderator
To be honest, I actually was pretty amused at his attempts to evade. It is almost impossible for ANY car to evade a bike. I was hoping a Cop would see him and pursue the whole time. I stayed back where I was nice and safe. I know he knew I was behind him but at times I was a couple of blocks away waiting for cars or red lights. It wasn't like I was right behind him and being a scary biker. It was morning traffic and you can only go so fast in a car and no reason to chase him.....
It is true this was a near miss and I should have just blown it off and continued on my merry way......That is the lesson we can take from this.
but
I never got mad or road raged in any way. I did let my guard down because I was not mad or freaked out and pulled alongside him at the end and that was a big mistake as I never expected him to try to hit me with his car to disable me so I couldn't follow him anymore.
Dooooohhh...
After watching that guy in Brazil get clobbered by that Woman after he kicked at her car, I should have known better than to put myself near a car that is being driven erratically. My mistake there.......
Oh yes Spunk, I know you were not blastin after him like in the movies. But like you found out, its the end result as well when you do confront him. Looking at it from his failure of a point of view... he probably knows he about took ya out at first then sees you creepin up on him everywhere he goes. He panics and makes poor judgments. Or could have just pulled a gun and blasted away, etc.

You just never know what is going through someones mind and how far they can take things.

Really glad you are ok man. And I hope you can get money from him to fix your bike.

NoDoze

Wow that's crazy! I'm glad that you are ok and that you didn't get injured any worse. The bike will be fine, it's just a machine - hope you got checked out to see if there are any hidden injuries.

I have had close calls and someone trying to drive around me but nothing like this where a cager actually intentionally drives into you. What a jack ass.

Like everyone says, cages always win the battle between it and a bike. Good thing there are tons of witnesses to put this fool in jail.

Hope you recover soon.

Last edited:

Spunky99

My legs are getting real sore now. The smooshed one is feeling smooshy and the right leg is real sore too. Back is really getting inflamed. 30 minutes and I go to the urgent care.... Hope the meds are good....:D

Heckuva way to get some good drugs eh?

I'll remove the fairing and check the clutch cover. If it's busted, I found a new one for $185.00 instead of the $234.00 at bikebandit. Since the bike was on it's side for 45 minutes it might just be the overflow the oil came out of. Won't know until I look. No one would help me pick it up and my leg is too effed to do it myself. The tow truck dudes lifted it just before they put it on the flatbed.

I bought it as a wreck so this is no big deal....just a bike....

ChUcK

Spunky, I've been doing a lot of thought about how to express my displeasure to other drivers safely, and this story is a perfect lead-in to my devious plan.

My current plan is to install a scala headset with the Transmit button wired to my horn button. I'll then replace the horn with a small but powerful megaphone. Then I can just drive behind the car that cut me off (at a safe distance, even) and chew him out at my leisure, with all other cars around as witnesses to the chastisement.

As an added bonus, when I need to actually use a horn instead of a soapbox, I can hit the button and yell "HONK HONK MUTHA F***A!"

3leggeddog

My legs are getting real sore now. The smooshed one is feeling smooshy and the right leg is real sore too. Back is really getting inflamed. 30 minutes and I go to the urgent care.... Hope the meds are good....:D

Heckuva way to get some good drugs eh?

I'll remove the fairing and check the clutch cover. If it's busted, I found a new one for $185.00 instead of the $234.00 at bikebandit. Since the bike was on it's side for 45 minutes it might just be the overflow the oil came out of. Won't know until I look. No one would help me pick it up and my leg is too effed to do it myself. The tow truck dudes lifted it just before they put it on the flatbed.

I bought it as a wreck so this is no big deal....just a bike....
Glad you're doing ok...and like my grandma used to say, "People suck".

Detrich

That sux John :(

Hope your leg and other injuries aren't too severe. And, hope your bike isn't too expensive to fix.

I hear you about living in LA... There are a LOT of ppl here that are BOTH illegal -and- uninsured... A very small segment of the LA population is actually just without insurance. But, those are usually ppl struggling with their finances etc. LA is such an international locale that it's become a cesspool of not only races, but also extremely poor & extremely rich ppl & everything in between.

Hang in there man.

DakinechicK

Wow, this post really surprised me! I never have put a lot of thought into someone intentionally trying to run into/over me with their car.... but WOW, I'm SO glad you are okay!!!! Could have been much worse but I'm glad justice was done and his sorry A is in jail!! Back to Mexico, I say!!

I hope you feel better soon and get back out there as soon as you can! I'll keep you in my thoughts that you heal up fast!!

monstermike4343

Elite Member

Spunky99

Checked the bike before the hydrocodone sets in and it's just as I thought.

Scraped the mirror a bit. no big deal

Just bought a new case to replace this one with a hole in it from the fairing mounting pin. Got a deal on a new on at eBay.

Cracked and broken but I have glue and paint...;)

I just need a new gasket and a new clutch rod seal to make sure I don't have any oil leaks. The gasket has been reused 3 times already...LOL

BoneJj

damn dude, that's some messed up stuff. This is why I carry and the laws in florida support me in being able to shoot someone that tried to run me over.

Spunky99

damn dude, that's some messed up stuff. This is why I carry and the laws in florida support me in being able to shoot someone that tried to run me over.
I certainly wouldn't have shot anyone over this...just wasn't that bad. He was probably scared sh!tless when I pulled along side him.
I should have just blown it off....and put the video of the u-turn on u-tube.
I reviewed the whole video and it was just a dumb decision on my part to have followed him.

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Spunky99

Spunky. Dude. You chased a car down. In heavy traffic, on your bike. No doubt he wasn't going to get away. You weren't road raging? But you chased a car down. On your bike. What were you thinking?

Look at it from another perspective. The cager made what I'm guessing was an illegal u-turn, and almost hit you. OK. Then he runs like hell. Seems to me he already knows what he did was wrong. But you chose to chase him down. For the sole reason of discussing with this gentleman the fact that he should look out for motorcycles.

What did you expect when you caught up with him? You'd say " Sir, you made an illegal u-turn and endangered my life. You should be more aware of motorcycles" He'd say "Oh, yes sir. I'm definitely going to be more aware of motorcycles on the road from now on. Thank you sir."

I'm not saying his reaction when you caught up to him wasn't wrong. I'm asking what did you seriously expect?
I suppose I got what I expected in the end. NO ONE runs like that unless they are DUI or have outstanding warrants. Illegals don't run like that because the system is broken and doesn't deport them.

I took an asshole who made the U-turn despite seeing me, who committed assault with a deadly weapon with intent to commit great bodily injury off the road and into jail. He will be charged with 7 different felonies according to a friend who works in dispatch. Illegal alien, DUI, fake ID, no insurance on a car that was not registered in his name after he bought it from a friend that "helped him" to get a car. That friend will also be charged with a felony as an accomplice. It turns out this individual has a long criminal record and a history of hit and run and DUI.
Once he serves his time in state prison, I hope ICE does their job and deports him.
Thank you Sir.

buzzbomb

Elite Member

fltdriver

I certainly wouldn't have shot anyone over this...just wasn't that bad. He was probably scared sh!tless when I pulled along side him.
I should have just blown it off....and put the video of the u-turn on u-tube.
I reviewed the whole video and it was just a dumb decision on my part to have followed him.
Wait, there's a video?:needpics: (link to video)