bike wont start in gear

vengeance44

hi guys i recently lowered my bike and now it wont start in gear it starts in nuetral but not in first which would be annoying if i ever stall i just have no idea where to start looking im not as mechanically inclined on bikes

chopper71

hi guys i recently lowered my bike and now it wont start in gear it starts in nuetral but not in first which would be annoying if i ever stall i just have no idea where to start looking im not as mechanically inclined on bikes
Sounds like an issue with the kickstand since it was lowered. When our bikes are in gear and you put the kickstand down. It will cut the bike off. Its a safety feature. So I would start there. Maybe it was not hooked back up correctly and the bike thinks the stand is still down when in fact its not.

Last edited:

SebUK

If bike rides as normal, and this is issue with staring the engine only then it will not be side stand with issue. I would focus on clutch switch.

Faulty side stand switch would cut off engine when changing from neutral to 1st

Vath

well figured it out the little plastic piece that rests on the clutch was misaligned thanks for the help
Was just going to mention that. I had the same issue with my brand new FZ6R. Come to find the plug just wasn't connected under the grips. :p

Now I just have to figure out what is going on with my fiancee's front brake light switch. :banghead:

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member