bike gets followed by UAV in Washington

y0uki11edkenny

this is right down the street from me but the guy is lucky he didn't get clipped or crashed

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6WE_vb4Kak&NR=1]YouTube - ‪Raw Video: Police Chase Sportbike at over 150 MPH‬‏[/ame]

kevin8198

Elite Member

Sparkxx1

Jackass... I'm speechless how much of an idiot that guy is.

One of my Dad'sfavorite things to say:

"No matter how deserted or safe someplace looks. In this day and age there is almost always somebody watching."

y0uki11edkenny

What part of Washington? I watched it and just assumed it was in California or something, lol
If you listen to the radio chat about 45 sec in he says Meridon and you here him saying I-5 and heading into Puyallup and I live in Puyallup off Merdion

Last edited:

kevin8198

Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

e.blackadder

What part of Washington? I watched it and just assumed it was in California or something, lol
Obscured by trees--looks like WA. Too many left-lane campers for CA! I guess he got excited about the first non-rainy day in 8 months :D

The guy's crazy. With the amount of tire shredding crap on the shoulders it's asking for trouble.

Last edited:

ChUcK

Damn, I was wondering when that video would surface. I look good at a buck twenty, huh? (sarcastic joking smiley man)

That took place all around the 167/5/405/90 loop here in Seattle.

Detrich

Dang. He really shat the bed on that one. Am surprised the cops didn't bust the guy who popped the wheelie.

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

linkgt

Crazy stuff, some adrenaline rush that must've been. Here i thought i was crazy going over 120 for a few seconds... I guess he wanted to beat this guy:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XihQeZpwqpE]YouTube - ‪Black Devil - Moscow Ride on R1‬‏[/ame]

kevin8198

Elite Member
Last edited:

AFDavis11

I think it's a manned aircraft, either fixed wing or heli. The camera orientation marker can be used for both. Both use gimbaled stabilized optical balls. The audio makes me think that some of the comments are coming from the tracking aircraft.

My guess would be a heli based on the slow flight at the end, but I can't really tell. A plane is still a possibility.

Last edited:

dndfindley

This guy wasn't an idiot after all! He knew the aircraft was up there and was about to bust all his buddies especially the one doing the wheelie so he takes off and it worked. The cops followed him, he takes the hit and his buddies are left alone. That or it was James Bond running from Ernesto Blofeld:) David

Roaddawg

Its a Washington State Police aircraft hence the call sign "Smokey 4". They have a camera mounted on the aircraft which is similar to the UAV cameras. The two main guys you hear are the pilot and flight observer talking to each other. When it's quieter, its the flight observer talking to the ground dispatch and car officers.

Roaddawg

Here's another video from the same aircraft:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVU5Wi4eUHc]YouTube - ‪Washington State Patrol - Catching Laser Pointer‬‏[/ame]

Federal offense for the laser pointer.