Be Careful Out There

Sage

Hey everyone, I just wanted to remind you to be careful out there riding on roads your not familiar with. I almost ate it earlier taking a turn quicker than needed. Me and a buddy were on some country roads, so it's a 55mph given speed limit unless otherwise marked and I was taking this turn at that 55 since I couldn't see the exit and thought I'd be on the safe side.

I started to feel the bike lowside as I kept leaning trying to keep my line and I chose what I felt was a better option and brought the bike back up and laid onto the brakes and kept the rear from skidding around. There was no ditch on the side of the road and it was grass onto someone's empty land past that which was very nice lucky.. I only ended up with the front end into the grass and the rear tire on pavement still but felt like I was lucky and glad I chose not to continue the turn.

I went back up the road after I let the adrenaline fade off to see If I had missed any signs that would have indicated a speed for the turn, and there was a sign twisty roads sign covered up by a tree branch that said 20mph!!:eek:!

Just be careful out there and keep that rubber side down!

Last edited:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

RoadTrip

yeah, I have run wide a couple of times, it's not fun thinking 'what if'....

I do the same backroads over and over again, it takes a long time to remember all the corners and sometimes I still enter one or two too fast, that's the danger of becoming confident, always downplay your skill level, I suppose, and get home safe (that's what I am trying to maintain)