Bar/Grip ends

ajones70

Has anyone ordered or know where can I order bar/grip ends from? The local place where I bought my bike doesn't sell the ones for FZ6R. I wanted red but when I looked at a set for a different bike they looked kinda pink/red so Im happy getting chrome/black if the red isn't the same as on the bike (its all about colour coordination lol). Or has anyone ordered the red ones from Yamaha?

Thanks guys :Flash::Flash:

latony007

look at these

I haven't ordered any yet but I just changed grips so was thinking about it. These are the ones I was looking at. I have the white fz with red shock / rim stripes. my buddy has some that are a lot smaller on his triumph street triple but havent really found any like it yet.

Red Billet Storm Bar End Slider Yamaha FZ6R 2009 2013 10 11 12 | eBay

ajones70

Wrong ones :(

I bought these ones today but they dont fit....but they will fit my hubbys fazer 8 so its ok....but I do like the ones u posted too.....

Attachments

Last edited:

latony007

bigger

Yeah ours needs a much bigger thread than those. I just noticed you have the exact same color as me which has about zero chrome on it. Id go with the black and red ones. I figured if it was going to have red it needed a little more so I added red fairing bolts, gas cover, and a couple Yamaha stickers i havent got yet. I saw a couple other bar ends on ebay too but these were the best looking. I think my album has a shot of most the red.

ajones70

Yeah ours needs a much bigger thread than those. I just noticed you have the exact same color as me which has about zero chrome on it. Id go with the black and red ones. I figured if it was going to have red it needed a little more so I added red fairing bolts, gas cover, and a couple Yamaha stickers i havent got yet. I saw a couple other bar ends on ebay too but these were the best looking. I think my album has a shot of most the red.
Yep I hear ya, thats why I wanted red just to add alittle more but not too much. The chrome/black looks real nice cuz of the chrome levers but red is my first choice if I can find some. Will check out your album. Only thing Ive done so far is put on a tank pad! Oh and I ordered a tail bag today for change of work clothes, lunch, iPad mini. Wore backpack today and I didn't like it.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

ajones70

I think Im going to order the ones from Yamaha. They will prob be the right red and weight.... Yes?

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

EsrTek

If you change your bar ends you should stick with a heavy bar end similar in size and weight to the stock ones or you'll get lots of vibrations. I just changed to clip-ons with spider peak grips and heavy bar ends. Definitely cuts down on the vibration.
Been wantin new bar ends myself.. can't find the weight of stock one's so I know I'm buying heavier ones.
I think I would want double the stock weight, I travel interstate mostly at 80-85 indicated and my throttle hand goes completely numb.

Can you link the ones you got?

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

ajones70

No problem. Should be good, says it's close to stock weight.
Truly appreciate it! Will order a set this wk....besides tank pad I haven't made any changes and I want to put my own mark on it :)
Seeing what you guys do blows me away!

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

ajones70

WOW, they're expensive. Look good though. Wanna get red ones to go with my spider grips and red levers. Have to find heavy non threaded ones.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4
I think they are all around $45-$60 here. Are parts cheaper in USA then? Prob...we have free health care but get ripped off on everything else!!

latony007

carbon fiber

i dont like that carbon fiber color, wonder why they dont have black instead of the carbon fiber. plus twice the cost for basically pieces of metal. At least you know they will fit though :)

ajones70

Ordered

No problem. Should be good, says it's close to stock weight.
So I ordered them from the Yammie dealer in the city (saves on shipping cost anyway:D). Will be here in a week. Hope the red is as nice as whats on my bike!! Will post pic when they are on so you can see.
Thanks again for the help.

ajones70

Bar ends arrived today!! Very happy withh them! I thunk they look great!!!!!!!

Attachments

ajones70

In iPad and can only upload 1 pic at a time

Attachments