Back to the track with the FZ6R

Superfly

Some of you might remember my first track day ever which I took my 2009 FZ6R to:

http://www.600cc.org/forum/f68/first-track-day-fz6r-20237/

Well its been two years later and I still have the FZ6R as well as a Ducati 999 for the street and a dedicated Ducati 749 for the track. I've done over 10 track days at various tracks in southern Ontario and I'm well on my way to being a competitive Red group rider ;)

Well I decided to let my cousin try my FZ6R on the same track, Toronto Motorsports Park (Cayuga), while I showed him the ropes on my Ducati 749.

He loved every min of it and he's dying to try his own bike out on track as soon as we go back.

Half way through the day I switched with him and gave my FZ6R a rip on the track to see what it would be like now that I know how to ride...

Let me say this: I was shocked at how much fun it was!!! SHOCKED!!! Within a lap I was dragging my knee and virgin foot pegs all over the place...I was laughing at how easy everything was and I never thought I'd get a knee down but its so easy I just couldnt believe it. The long handle bars give great leverage and the bike just flows into corners and the engine is so much smoother on track than my Duke.

I'll be taking it back again I'm sure eventually to the track. The bike is simple fantastic and fun...I really wish I had some pics of this or vids...Next time!!!

PS the peg feelers are coming off for the next run. I weight the inside peg alot and its unsettling to be grinding pegs with your knee down LOL

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Chucker

That's what I found. After riding a race ready R6 at the FAST school, I took my FZ6R to the track a few times and find I like it much better then the R6. It's just more fun being so smooth with a broader powerband. I'm planning on the Shannonville long track with Rider's Choice on Sept. 20. If you can swing it, it'd be cool to have 2 6R's there. I've not seen another 6R at the track.

Last edited: