available aftermarket stuff

C

CravenMoorhead

Does anyone else feel the need the change out the mirrors?! Any options out there? Something lower possibly...
Yes, I am tired of looking at my elbows in those mirrors. I was thinking bar ends...

fz6rwolf

Yeah, I've noticed I have to tuck my elbows in to see directly behind me. Maybe those little mirror add-ons like trucks have?

C

CravenMoorhead

I put one of those little round stick on convex mirrors in the left outside mirror corner of my bike last week and it is very mildly helpful. It blocks some of the little view I had but gives me a slight blind spot reassurance when passing.

I rode a harley softail custom last weekend during a 'demo day' locally and one of the things I was so suprised with was how clear the rear view through those (on very wide ape hanger bars) mirror were...

xplodnstar

I put one of those little round stick on convex mirrors in the left outside mirror corner of my bike last week and it is very mildly helpful. It blocks some of the little view I had but gives me a slight blind spot reassurance when passing.
Try something like this.

These give great peripheral viewing and just cover up where your arm already is in the mirror. I got these at a Pep Boys.

Johnfz6r

updated with bike specific stuff :D
Thanks for those of you guys who are spotting stuff and keeping a ear to the ground for more ways to spend money!

O-turn

Partier
Are the Bar End Mirrors bike specific? Work with the Yamaha Bar ends?

her24gl

I've tried to adjust my mirros, but they don't seem to want to adjust, even though they look like they should pivot. I would love to get a set with turn signals on the backside. That's the way I've seen them on many other sport bikes (and my wing). It's really great, and helps to be seen to other drivers. If anyone find such, please post a link.

Many thanks!!

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member

phocoyote7

I would like to put on the flush mount turn signals, but was wondering what kind of visability they have from on coming traffic? If I'm turning would want the cars coming at me to see. I like the visibilty of stock signals but they do stick out a little far, kinda like the rabbit ear mirrors.

xplodnstar

The chrome ones are not very visible to oncoming except at night. Any one have the clear or amber ones to compare?

MNDZA

No flushmount will have good visibility from the front. The fairing is not so wide that it will allow people in front of you to see them unless they are able to see the SIDE of your bike.

phocoyote7

Raelcreve

I just did this to my bike. They take a little getting used to but work perfectly. No more blind spots. $1.99 each at Pep Boys.

Try something like this.

These give great peripheral viewing and just cover up where your arm already is in the mirror. I got these at a Pep Boys.

xplodnstar

These have been so helpful. although I still do my head checks, I'm able to get a much bigger view of my surroundings with these mirrors. The only things that get caught in that tiny blind spot are those stupid Smart cars.

msgirle

Hi there! I purchased the FE that you bought but it didn't fit on my bike...what did you do to get it to fit? Can you explain it to me so I can install it! LOL! I already disconnected my back signal lights and don't want to put those ugly ones back on! Let me know.

Thanks!

Lori

As promised, here are pics of the lights and FE.

The FE was one I picked up at CycleGear. The white one was on sale for $8, so it made sense. The lights were @ $25, but they have a neat feature of amber sides, so they are visible even to those next to me. Also the screws for the plate have LEDs so they illuminate the plate. Those were $20.

xplodnstar

Hi there! I purchased the FE that you bought but it didn't fit on my bike...what did you do to get it to fit? Can you explain it to me so I can install it! LOL! I already disconnected my back signal lights and don't want to put those ugly ones back on! Let me know.

Thanks!

Lori
I had to bend the top of the FE about 90 degrees or so. I used a vice and a mallet. Otherwise, the holes lined up with one row on the bike okay. It took a couple of tries to line up the sliding bracket to get the license plate, lights and bolts just right, but it wasn't hard.

I think I'll just keep mines stock until I need to replace something then upgrade at that time. Right now I'm just getting the frame sliders and tank protector.