Applying Wheel Strips SUCKS!

Fizzi6ergal

1363296539936.jpg
Yes, it may look pretty good in the picture, but when you get up close. It looks quite terrible LOL! But can you blame me? This is my first time ever applying my own set of Progrip wheel strips. It comes with a little adapter and the guy on youtube makes it look easier than what it actually is. First off, it comes in a roll and an adapter to help put it on your wheels. The tape is NOT pre-curved. I only did one side of my wheel and my service manager told me to put my bike up on the lift so it's eye-level with me instead of using a wheel stand and doing it from the ground. Hopefully I'll put the rest of it on shortly before I take her out and make a fool of myself with just one side done.

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

Weslowski

Paint

I like it a lot! but have you or anyone though of painting a line like that? Just spin the wheel and brush down!

Kayo7

View attachment 28687
Yes, it may look pretty good in the picture, but when you get up close. It looks quite terrible LOL! But can you blame me? This is my first time ever applying my own set of Progrip wheel strips. It comes with a little adapter and the guy on youtube makes it look easier than what it actually is. First off, it comes in a roll and an adapter to help put it on your wheels. The tape is NOT pre-curved. I only did one side of my wheel and my service manager told me to put my bike up on the lift so it's eye-level with me instead of using a wheel stand and doing it from the ground. Hopefully I'll put the rest of it on shortly before I take her out and make a fool of myself with just one side done.
I had the exact same thing, except i didn't even finish one side yet. It was to cold out to have it stick so I gave up, but when I was trying to put it on, i couldn't keep it straight lol.:D

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

Fizzi6ergal

Yeah, when I'm going really fast, it won't show my screw-ups. LOL. A friend suggested that I use windex when I put them on so I can move the strip around to the perfect place. I might try that when I put the rest on. I ran out of lunch break, that is why I had to quit. Then I need to find a way to lift the front wheel off the ground so I can put the front on. This pink is a little brighter than the pink on the flames but damn it looks good from a distance. I just can't help myself and look at my beauty. Did I mention I washed her today? Oh ya! Almost there. Gotta renew my license tags before I can go out and ride her though :-(

danieljardim

Yeah, when I'm going really fast, it won't show my screw-ups. LOL. A friend suggested that I use windex when I put them on so I can move the strip around to the perfect place. I might try that when I put the rest on. I ran out of lunch break, that is why I had to quit. Then I need to find a way to lift the front wheel off the ground so I can put the front on. This pink is a little brighter than the pink on the flames but damn it looks good from a distance. I just can't help myself and look at my beauty. Did I mention I washed her today? Oh ya! Almost there. Gotta renew my license tags before I can go out and ride her though :-(
I did mine with the windex trick. it was very good and easy to do.

Blue-Sun

Elite Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Fizzi6ergal

1363296539936.jpg

2013-03-18_14-50-46_353.jpg

So, update. Learned that it takes time and patience, as does everything else in life. I'm just a young gun still learning life as it throws shit at me. My service manager and I tackled the wheels again. We started over, took the old tape off and re-did the wheel tape. I ordered in another roll of this stuff so the front wheel will have to wait until tomorrow. But I'm here updating what I did with my wheels. Yes the pink looks amazing against the white and it really brings out the pink in the flames too. :D. The strips are a lot straighter than the first go round. It may be a 1 person job, but the way we did it ended up being 2 people. He rolled the tape on and with his other hand, he held the tape going into the adapter tight. I used 1 finger and pressed the tape down against the wheel so it didn't pop up as we got halfway around the wheel(yes, that happened to us Friday. Halfway around the wheel the whole strip of tape detached from the wheel).

Fizzi6ergal

Soon to come..... Driven sprocket(black) and a pink Ek chain! Will take pics as soon as that is done. Waiting for my countershaft to come in either wednesday or thursday.

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member