Apex Clip-ons Review

JnT4Life -- The riser clip-ons install under the top triple, so you won't need to raise the forks any. However, guido did install his over the top triple. But they were designed to go underneath.

Good to know. Thanks! I wasn't sure if that would work on our bikes.

Last edited:
Last edited:
im def game on this mod...

I am game for this except for the price. I'm wondering what I can really get out of this for a more raced profile and then I need the rear sets moved back too so that this is more like a R6.
How much lower will the bars go and what sweep angle can be achieved or do they have to stick out like Alfalfa's hair?
Tank and fairing clearance are the constants here.

Do they only make 50mm tube sleeves and supply adapters for other size forks?

How much lower can I mount this than the stock handlebars?

As my English is very bad, and I'm not understand almost anything :D :confused: , I'll post a video with all the details of installation, adjustments and riding position. You will see that the piece is awesome!!

Oh man I'm glad we found videos on this. I think this is such a huge deal. You take this mod that you not just personalize YOUR ride but you can remove them and personalize your next and next and next bike there after eventually paying for itself 10 times over.

I'm putting this at the top of my list with the center stand.

Thanks! :D

Regular clip-ons will not clear the fairings or the tank.

JnT4Life -- The riser clip-ons install under the top triple, so you won't need to raise the forks any. However, guido did install his over the top triple. But they were designed to go underneath.

I'm wondering if he had to lower and top mount the clip-ons to clear the fairings though. That was my #1 concern since i saw this vid awhile back.

I'm wondering if he had to lower and top mount the clip-ons to clear the fairings though. That was my #1 concern since i saw this vid awhile back.

I'd also like to know if anyone has installed these under the top triple and what kind of tank/fairing clearance they get. Also what size fits our bike? 50mm? What is this measurement even for? =D

Thanks,

Richard

They were designed to go under the top triple, so I imagine that you would be able to find a position that gave clearance for the tank and fairings.

The measurement is for the fork tubes, which I believe are 41mm.

They were designed to go under the top triple, so I imagine that you would be able to find a position that gave clearance for the tank and fairings.

I hope you are right, but they were designed for SS bikes such as the R6, that already fit clip ons with a low setting, and ours does not. I'm thinking that guidobergamo put them on top because he had to, not because he wanted to lower his front end, but only he can answer that.

I think that would eliminate them for me, as I doubt I would want my handling effected like that.

I hope you are right, but they were designed for SS bikes such as the R6, that already fit clip ons with a low setting, and ours does not. I'm thinking that guidobergamo put them on top because he had to, not because he wanted to lower his front end, but only he can answer that.

I think that would eliminate them for me, as I doubt I would want my handling effected like that.

well what does guidobergamo have to say? cause by the looks of it...they are adjustable...the only im concerned with is the bar ends seeing as i run r6 mirrors how would i keep grips on...i noticed the sell bar ends but its for there standard clip ons

While i do not post the video, i will try to explains some questions:
- Don´t hit the tank
- Don´t hit in the fairing
- There a LOT of combinations for riding positions. Some more sport, others more confortable
- They are mounted over the handle crown.
- The bar end mirrors visibility are very good. My mirrors does not vibrate, even at the speed of 180km/h!!!

I do not believe as you Americans, never installed one of these!

I hope that I has explain some doubts!

Remember, my english is not good! :D

Hugs from Brazil!

Guido Bérgamo!

:Sport:

It looks like they would hit the fairing if you put them under the triple clamp where they're supposed to go. I've been studying the picture and it seems like they'ld hit the panels but it's no problem for me since I'm making mine naked. So no one answered my question yet. Guido why did you buy 50mm clip ons when our forks are 41mm? Are your forks bigger over there?

off topic of the clip ons. where did u get the one piece seat i've been looking for one of those that fit our bikes.

The one-piece banana seat is standard on the XJ6, found outside the US.

Well with the adjustability of the riser clip-ons you may be able to find a position with fairing clearance. I think I saw that they have 6 inches of height range so I would think that you could mount them under the triple and still clear the fairings.

It looks like they would hit the fairing if you put them under the triple clamp where they're supposed to go. I've been studying the picture and it seems like they'ld hit the panels but it's no problem for me since I'm making mine naked. So no one answered my question yet. Guido why did you buy 50mm clip ons when our forks are 41mm? Are your forks bigger over there?

Because the smaller size of the Apex clip is for 50mm forks. Our forks are the same size.

Back