Anyone have Hazard Lights?

So on 9/11 I will be going to Washington DC on a memorial ride and something that is bothering me is how the FZ6R line doesnt have hazard lights. I have done searches and nothing has come up. Anyone been able to take the FZ6 handlebar switch and just plug and play to have 4-ways? Its not extremely important but it would be nice to have.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

NMdesertracer

I believe the 09' fz6 has a hazard switch built in by the hi/low light switch. where that dummy little oval button is on the fz6r.

Last edited:

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

latony007

This is the stupidest thing, with all the multitude of laws we have here in CA the fact you can sell a bike without hazards lights is just lame. There is only one solution i have heard of and it seemed like a pain (of course im just not very mechanical) the module did have auto turn off signals thingy and if you like pushed the stop blinker button twice in a row would turn to hazzards. i cant remember the name of the company i will try and dig it up. think it was about $120

yamahaFZ6R

My '10 FZ6R, here in Australia has a Hazard button above and to the right of the indicator button. They annoy the *@^% out of me because Im always pushing them in.

Point being, look for "Wrecking FZ6R" on gumtree.com.au, or Ebay.com.au and you may find the cluster for cheap :)

latony007

What i really need is for someone to come over and ill give them 100$ to do it for me, since the odds are i will either mess it up or get so agro and frustrated that i just kick the bike over :mad:

JBAX

If anyone does this "hazards install" to their USA version of FZ6R, let me know how you did it and what parts you needed. I would like to have the ability to put hazards on, but like Tony, I do not want to muck it up. Would be ideal to get the International Control (Aussie version) and button, and just install with FZ wiring and relays. But I have no idea how much that would cost. Or if it's even possible.

I like having hazards on for viz sometimes. I also ride moto marshal for cycling/triathlon races and having hazards on for this is needed/beneficial.

VRIIClubby

to retrofit the Hazards on a US bike shouldnt be hard.

All the wiring etc is in there, you may only need to source the button and the Relay, most of it should be plug and play. Yamaha and other manufacturers wont remove all the hardware behind something just because a certain market has no regulations for it. they will just block it off and make it look like it never existed.

As said earlier in here, I would source the parts from Australia, shouldn't cost you much either with your conversion rates etc.