Anybody ever go out racing with this bike?

Somebody get a rope.I believe that cowgurl from east of the mountains is lookin for a necktie party.:) I have tested the bike out and it depends very much on the rider. Liter bikes,fast cars,,,,,,,,,whatever. I like the FZ6R on the highway. It will get the job done!

Last edited:
i bought my bike because it can do everything quite respectably, that being said tonight is street night at the local drag strip and my fz6r is going, too bad i forgot my camera at my other house, i will post my time slips though, if my gear passes tech inspection.

It is not very fast on the top end though. I was hoping for 225 at least but it is probably the most comfy ride out there on the open road. But that said I am scared to change on the original bike apart form sprockets. Would changing eg the exhaust not influence backpressure on the engine?

It is not very fast on the top end though. I was hoping for 225 at least but it is probably the most comfy ride out there on the open road. But that said I am scared to change on the original bike apart form sprockets. Would changing eg the exhaust not influence backpressure on the engine?

I realize that English may not be your primary language, but I had a little trouble understanding your question. Changing the exhaust will influence the backpressure on your engine, but these come pretty "bottled" up or restricted from the factory. Changing an exhaust will help the air/fuel flow in and out of the engine, building more power, and making the engine run more efficiently. If you change the exhaust, you probably should get something along the lines of a Power Commander or Juicebox to change the electronic mapping for the air/fuel mixture. You can risk running in a lean condition by changing an exhaust without changing the mapping for the fuel injection.

i bought my bike because it can do everything quite respectably, that being said tonight is street night at the local drag strip and my fz6r is going, too bad i forgot my camera at my other house, i will post my time slips though, if my gear passes tech inspection.

Post up your runs. I ran low 13s and the highest I got with mine was 12.9. I tried for the mid 12's and couldn't get it. Then again the riders they put on in those articles for our bike have been riding for years, know how to get a good launch off the line, and are 5'4 and weigh 135. So their best time won't neccessarily be ours but mine was close enough so I'm happy.

best run was a 13.0 at 99 mph, with a 2.02 60 foot time

total i made 15 runs 5 13.1 ran 3 in a row to end it

4 runs at 13.2 and 5 runs , 3 runs at 13.3, and 2 runs at 13.4( one i blew 4 gear shift 3 times, with my boot hung up in shifter and the other was a really bad start trying different techniques out)

i wanted to see any sort of a 12 but the traction was an issue, one lane was so sticky my boots were sticking to the track and the other i spun badly 3 times, took me a few runs to get the lanes figured out, last launch felt good although still slower than my best, it really takes skill to get the bike to go off the line, with that much grip, i had some of the best 60' times of all the bikes there so i am happy all in all

well first off i made a mistake on my last post i did 16 runs as i never got a time slip for one of them, and it was a pretty decent run, but holy i just looked at my rear tire, i have 5400 km on it, it was about half worn or a bit more, now down to LESS than 25%, wow did the strip ever take a bite out of it.

Post up your runs. I ran low 13s and the highest I got with mine was 12.9. I tried for the mid 12's and couldn't get it. Then again the riders they put on in those articles for our bike have been riding for years, know how to get a good launch off the line, and are 5'4 and weigh 135. So their best time won't neccessarily be ours but mine was close enough so I'm happy.

just curious do you know what your 60' times were, just wanted to compare, and how did you launch your bike?i had a hard time as i couldnt watch the tach and lights so i kept dropping the revs too much. i am guessing 9-10000 rpm is where it has to be to really go off the line.

Back