Any one race any cars??

MrT

I was wondering if anybody has raced any cars with their FZ. I'm still in the break in period and am curious to see what it would keep up with. Could we beat STi's or EVO's???:)

Stricken

Our bikes will out accelerate most cars out there so I dont even try XD. How do you properly launch the FZ6r anyway?

Craxican

From light to light...not much can beat a bike...on the interstate, if the car can break 200, then they'll beat almost any bike...haven't had anyone try to race me without provisions. My favorite was guy who wanted to race through traffic...i just don't see what he was thinking lol.

If you are curious though, check out topspeed.com...look up quarter mile times and compare...just remember that most of the cars that would want to race us are GOING to be suped.

zig308

A reckless driving ticket or arrest would probably get me fired once I had to report it to my employer, so no.

Funkmaxtor

During the summer I was commuting on a stretch of highway that is rather empty in the early morning hours and had a gentleman in a mas that wanted to run. From 50 to 100 he was in my mirror after that I backed off and went back to 50 the guy did the same.

JonKerr

Elite Member

cbzdel

I am not a racer.. the only person I have raced was my wife in her jetta because she really thought her car was after tham my bike.. I got up to about 50 and she was about at 30 and slowed and I knew I won but she will never admit it haha!

fstrthan_uthink

I don't even bother. There's no point. You'll romp on everything save for Porsche's and such anyway.

Would be fun to take the FZ6R to the drag strip though :D

Craxican

Thats not entirely true man, I got Stealth that will burn most 600s on interstate...itll do 80mph in 3rd gear at 2000rpms and doesn't red until 8000rpms...thats why I said to just look at quarter mile stuff...you don't want to race cars for the long run...i also got a buddy that has a 240sx with a sky twin engine and he WILL fly off on you...unless you have a supe 6 or higher, there are many cars that will give you a run for your money...on quarter mile, hands down, my moneys on the bike though (as long as they are not racing a super car)

We have a "racer's corner" here and there are not many bikers who will even try to race those cars...better have a suped up 1000cc or higher down there.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

stuna

a few weeks ago . on the freeway ,rideing a goldwing 18oo:)
two up pulling a trailer :surrender:
rocket boy pulles up by us , stays there awhile . i just ignore him:eek:
........... so he hits the gas .......... baaaaaaahhhh , hum gotta shift down a few gears :D gone . well a few miles up the road .
i look over on the off ramp :rant: rocket boy WITH THE MR OSICFER ON HIS ASS ... GOT YA
I JUST HONK AND GO ON :D:D:D

GoGreen09

I have to confess, I got STUPID this one time (in band camp)...I was sitting at a light and a C Class Mercedes pulled up. I was minding my own business, and I thought he was too (older gentleman). When I go from a green light, I normally try to pull away from the pack jus so that I get my distance from the cars. I don't jump out 100mph though, just fast enough to get about a 2 sec cushion. This fool thinks I was racing him and decides to gun it. Stupidity kicks in and I open up. First gear for about 50 yards I leave him behind, shift to second and I'm watching him on my mirrors already. This must have pissed him off because he keeps gunning for me. I let go of the throttle and see that I'm already at 60 (can't remember if I even hit 3rd or not). He keeps going and I'm satisfied that I dusted him off the line. Got to work and realized how stupid that was. Okay, I found out that the bike does have plenty of power....and I was stupid for even trying it. I've had other cars since then try to race me, but I now have this emotion under control!

Roaddawg

I've done the same thing as above too. One thing I've gotten a lot of lately after I've pulled to the front of the traffic light is someone telling me to wheelie. At least once or twice a week. The last dude was in a piece of sh!t honda with his white trash friends. When I shook my head 'no', one of them said, " You don't even know how to ride that thing." I just looked at him, laughed and sped off. Let's see...pull a wheelie across the intersection, risk crashing my bike or getting pulled over, all to entertain some douche bags....yeah, not worth the gas.

GoGreen09

Ya, but would you have done it for a car full of bikini-clad women? :D

Craxican

Actually, I find that women rev their engines at me more than men; men just ask me to do stupid stuff like wheelies, stoppies, and burn-outs...the men who do seem to want to race are in some old beater...weird huh?

etroze

Had a Stealth try to race me and i was on my FZ1 he dropped 2 grears i stayed in 3rd lol he was pissed when i just waved at him and opened it up didn't even have to shift up he just quit really really quickly

cbzdel

I hit a wheelie on my Ruckus one time when a group on your girls were laughing at me, there were shock and intersted after that.. To bad I as engauged :(

And yeas it can be done, I was considered to be a Ruckus Stunter!

etroze

I hit a wheelie on my Ruckus one time when a group on your girls were laughing at me, there were shock and intersted after that.. To bad I as engauged :(

And yeas it can be done, I was considered to be a Ruckus Stunter!
lol my buddies stunk on their honda metorpolitains

WenMark

I'd say at my age my racing days are over. I bought the FZ6R for fun. the only thing I race to now is the refrigerator:D

mtucker

I don't race anyone, but when i'm on the highway doing about 115km/h and someone in a old beater civic inches by you and all you can hear is the roar of the oversized exhaust I tend to roll on the throttle to prove a point and then slow down again. I know its stupid but it entertains me lol