Any Duke Nukem Fans?

cbzdel

Duke Nukem was my all time favorite computer game, I have all of them 1, 2, 3d and Manhattan Project, I had the add on packs and everything. I even designed my own custom levels for Duke 3d. I played D3d online an a program called Kail, not even sure if it still exists??

But I thought Duke was dead and gone, and a friend just sent me this:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SY9rlZmfMA[/ame]

Now I did some research and it seems like the project has been in the making for 10+ years and has been canceled a few times and then at the beginning of 09 the project was canceled and 3d Realms went out of business or shut down the project for good, but now there is so much talk with these videos that came out 3dR has reopened the project??

Whos knows exactly whats going on only time will tell haha! But man does it look like it would be a awesome game?

adidaskid810

Duke Nukem, Wolfenstein, and Doom! haven't played them in years, although everyonce and a while I do scower the net for for a wolfenstein download when I get an itch to play.

Looks similar to PS3's, Resistance. Hopefully it comes out, seems legit!

Last edited:

yoshi

There's a new Wolfenstein that just came out a couple months ago. More into the COD myself though.

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

cbzdel

My list of FPS was:

really old list (386 OLD):
Blake Stone
Woldenstein 3d

Not as old list:
Shadow Warrior
Redneck Rampage
Duke 3d

Newest I Have:
Postal 3
Return To Castle Wolfenstein

I have played some others but dont remember their names...

I would like to get some better games but I am in the middle building a new computer still...

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I know this is not in the same genera as Duke and Doom...but do any of you play Command & Conquer? My college roommate got me hooked on it years ago, but I can't play it much anymore because my laptop has gotten really slow. :eek:

cbzdel

C&C is one of my all time favorite games! I had the complete collection, along with Warcraft.. I could never get into Starcraft though..

Also, Commandos 1&2 is the $hit IMO..

Craxican

when it comes to FPS...

Wolfestein 3d, doom, and Duke Nukem were the greats...

but DO NOT forget Golden Eye...man that game was sick.....

more recently...I have Chronicles of Riddick (laugh if you must, but the game is great) I have COD MW2 Prestige Edition on Pre-Order...

as far as C&C, was never a fan...but I did like Warcraft (before it became WOW), also love the Total War series

METAL GEAR SOLID! One of the best ever! I remember skipping school to play that game!