Any Aussie XJ6N, or XJ6 Diversion riders from Australia about the place?

catweasel

Got my white FZ6R back in June and I'm Loving it!!
I've ordered the throttle bodie piece from Melb to de-restrict and hopefully its here by the end of the week. Apparently its a "do it yourself" change so i cant wait to see what extra it gives.....not that I'll be doing anything stupid.

Will let you know how it goes

dcBear78

Got my white FZ6R back in June and I'm Loving it!!
I've ordered the throttle bodie piece from Melb to de-restrict and hopefully its here by the end of the week. Apparently its a "do it yourself" change so i cant wait to see what extra it gives.....not that I'll be doing anything stupid.

Will let you know how it goes
I did the maths a while back. It doubles your available power from about 70kw/t to about 160kw/t. Which begs the question why the hell did they restrict it so much when 150kw/t is the LAMS limit?

If it was restricted to something like 130kw/t nobody would be looking to make this modification.

fizzergirl

I just bought a white FZ6R and loving it! The only white one on the coast i have seen so far..! Have a great day!:D

catweasel

The De-restrict part arrived and took about 30 mins to install.
What a difference!!!!
Finally I'll be able to overtake when needed and hills wont be such a drag.
I'm keeping the old part and the T25 torx driver in the tool bag for a quick change if needed.

catweasel

I did the maths a while back. It doubles your available power from about 70kw/t to about 160kw/t. Which begs the question why the hell did they restrict it so much when 150kw/t is the LAMS limit?

If it was restricted to something like 130kw/t nobody would be looking to make this modification.
It must be more about the maximum speed you can get up to rather than the KW/T

kma_jg

Hi all,
New to the forum and it is really good to see so many XJ6 riders here.

I went to look at the XJ6S yesterday for my first bike. Also because it is a LAMS bike. It will be my first big bike.

My wife got a new job and we can't share the same ride in the morning with the car anymore, so that forces me to go biking...damn what a downer :steve::steve::steve:

hoping to get mine with the next two weeks ro so, can't wait

BTW: Thanks for sharing the throttle ideas. The sales guy told me yesterday there is nothing other than the throttle limitation that is different between the LAMS model and the rest. Not sure if he can be trusted...sorry sales guys

eashleighv9

Hi there, bought a fz6r a month ago, it's been raining a lot in the Sunny Coast, so I've riden 250kms only. Keep in touch. Cheers.
Bye

seanos fz6r

intro

hi there, I have a raven Fz6r, the restriction will be off very soon. I'm riding once a week, usually 200-300k's at a time. The bike is great fun esp in corners, the seat gets a little hard after an hour or so, but that's not spoiling the ride.

It'd be great to get some vids going.

Very happy with choice of bike :D

ride on guys, be safe

kma_jg

I ordered my destrictor part yesterday, so maybe early next i will get it.
I got my bike on 15 September and commute to work with it. it's about a 82km trip per day to work and back.
With the weekend Netrider forum rides and the commute, I've done 1900km already. Enjoying the bike a lot...

cheech

I bought my FZ6R (Raven) 2010 model in April of this year... a great bike but unfortunately Melbourne's weather is horrible to be able to take it for rides on the weekend without it raining! Love the bike, it's my first and a nice bike for a chick :)

Rowville-biker

Hi All,
I bought my FZ6R 2011 model 2 months ago at Fertree Gully dealer, I have ridden 1500K so far, mostly to work and tour around town. i live in Rowville VIC, and looking for bike-mate to tour around and also to exchange riding experiences.

Bert-Aus

Howsit

Great to see more Australians representing on here, I haven't noticed too many in the threads over the past few months.

Got my XJ6S in Jan 2011 and she is currently running about 3500km's on the clock, this is my first 600cc and having been introduced to this motor with my previous bike (XJR400 -jap import) i am happy to have kept with Yamaha -she is my rocket ride.

Ride safe, gear up!

MrPyklet

XJ6 throttle restrictor

will a XJ6 throttle restrictor fit on a FZ6R? I managed to acquire one and Im hoping to modify it to de-restrict my FZ6R :thumbup: