and down i went

shocker35

Well I biffed it on the bike tonight. the left side is all torn up. should I make an insurance claim or just pay it out front?

Gwai lo 2.0

Well I biffed it on the bike tonight. the left side is all torn up. should I make an insurance claim or just pay it out front?
Hope you're okay! As for a claim, it really depends on how much damage there is.

Fizzer6R

yeah, how much is your deductible vs how much damage and who knows if/how much they will raise your insurance?

sorry to hear... :mad:

CrazyCawi

yeah, how much is your deductible vs how much damage and who knows if/how much they will raise your insurance?

sorry to hear... :mad:
+1 need more info before I can give any other suggestions

buzzbomb

Elite Member

shocker35

thanks, I just took off all the broken parts. extent of damage:mirrors, all left side plastics, mount for headlight and cluster, front wheel fender, windshield, left turn signal, foot shift lever is bent.

The headlight is fine and but my buddy suggested that I replace the chain and sprockets since he could hear a little chain noise as I was riding it home.

Basically what happened was I took a turn too fast and the front wheel got all shakey and I put the bike upright and was unable to stop in time. I rode it about halfway down the hill and then i tipped over at about 25-35 mph.

jocampo

My shoe laces got stuck and bike went down (while I was stop at traffic light, zero miles) Really stupid accident, is embarrassing to mention.

But I made the mistake and called insurance. I found out that labor and part were about 300 bucks when deductible is 500.

My advice is check labor and part prices. Based on the picture it looks this is more than 500 bucks. Now, remember this will be on your record and will probably affect your policy later on the road. Also, not sure if you can report anyway, if you never called policy or reported immediately.

Fizzer6R

thanks, I just took off all the broken parts. extent of damage:mirrors, all left side plastics, mount for headlight and cluster, front wheel fender, windshield, left turn signal, foot shift lever is bent.

The headlight is fine and but my buddy suggested that I replace the chain and sprockets since he could hear a little chain noise as I was riding it home.

Basically what happened was I took a turn too fast and the front wheel got all shakey and I put the bike upright and was unable to stop in time. I rode it about halfway down the hill and then i tipped over at about 25-35 mph.
cluster as in the instruments cluster? - if so, can only assume that's expensive. most other parts can get used in good/near new condition

shocker35

The instruments are good. I just ordered the bracket that holds the fairings and headlight

motogp6r

if i were you id avoid calling insurance at all costs. records are permanent. if you can do repairs under 700 you should do it without insurance company knowing. take into account atleast an additional 5-10 dollars a month ,"just guessing", premium for insurance costs after reporting. car accidents are reported and kept on record for , ibelieve 4 years, motorcycles are probably the same. so 10*48 is 480 bucks= the amount youll pay over four years if your insurance goes up. just saying...ultimately the end decision is yours.:rant:

motogp6r

My shoe laces got stuck and bike went down (while I was stop at traffic light, zero miles) Really stupid accident, is embarrassing to mention.

But I made the mistake and called insurance. I found out that labor and part were about 300 bucks when deductible is 500.
i always tuck laces into shoes, and riding boots have lace cover. i fear getting my laces stuck in my chain.:scared:

shocker35

The instruments are good. I just ordered the bracket that holds the fairings and headlight for 140. I found a full set of plastics for 600. Only things left are the shifter and maybe chain and sprockets if they are bent.

shocker35

Yeah I'm avoiding the claim. I'm assuming my premium goes to 30 a month since that's what it says it'll go up about 20-30% . So I'm guessing over 3 years that's 1080 plus I'd be paying the 500 ded. Anyway. The tank needs minor work.

CrazyCawi

Yeah I'm avoiding the claim. I'm assuming my premium goes to 30 a month since that's what it says it'll go up about 20-30% . So I'm guessing over 3 years that's 1080 plus I'd be paying the 500 ded. Anyway. The tank needs minor work.

good time to paint your bike cadmium yellow :cool:

shocker35

i believe i am going to do a black and white kit