After over 2 months, finally a ride

fz6rwolf

Well for over 2 months didn't ride due to badly protruding L5 S1 (horrible sciatic pain down left leg and foot was numb)and Dr. had me out of work couple weeks before surgery. Had an L4-L5 fusion on 24May. Right at 6 week anniversary of surgery releasing me back to work. At 2 1/2 week check-up said was healing well and said if felt up to it could try to ride but I held off until week 5. Went out today for about 45 minutes with the back brace on (wants me off it by week 6). Felt good to get back on again, had no pain or discomfort so guess the summer isn't a wash-out as I had 1st thought.

ksanbon

Welcome back!
Thanks for the reality check. It's another reminder to not take my health (and freedom to ride) for granted.

Rookasaki

Glad to hear everything went ok:thumbup:. Back in 07 I had T-3 to L-1 fused. Genetic issue no injury! After three weeks I was riding, very stupid on my part!!! The surgery is no joke, 11 hours and 20 screws later... When I woke up I felt like I was hit by a semi.

MikeN02

Grats! Great to see you're back up and riding.

I have a friend who lives in RI too, there was a really bad flood a couple months back, she said her university was destroyed and so was the mall.

fz6rwolf

Grats! Great to see you're back up and riding.

I have a friend who lives in RI too, there was a really bad flood a couple months back, she said her university was destroyed and so was the mall.
Yeah, there's still alot not fixed from it, things still closed and roads still being repaired.

fz6rwolf

Glad to hear everything went ok:thumbup:. Back in 07 I had T-3 to L-1 fused. Genetic issue no injury! After three weeks I was riding, very stupid on my part!!! The surgery is no joke, 11 hours and 20 screws later... When I woke up I felt like I was hit by a semi.
Only couple screws for me and yeah felt more pain those 1st few days than any time before in my 48 years. Had me on morphine pump the 3 days was in hospital but PT got me up walking each day which hurt but good for me (I know, I'm a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant.) Did you have bone graft? I had cadaver graft and using bone growth stimulator since I'm high risk for fusion failure (smoker) but healing well and right at 6 week mark going back to work with no restrictions (have to lift quite a bit sometimes helping people transfer).

Roaddawg

Welcome back and get well. I go nuts if I'm not able to ride for more than a week....I don't know what I'd do for two months!!