advice on new bike

THANKS!!! for the link...that article is great!

Think I am going to pull the trigger in a week or so and just do it!

Still am up in the air about color, thinking yellow without the decals...

Thanks again to all, will post updates.

Chris

White is alright... for ladies.

I don't know about that....I got my Cadmium Yellow up to 135 on the red...and I can hit 0 - 60 in just under 3 secs...also...I can go from 60 to 120 in just a twist of the wrist...of course you all have felt that...no top end but we can definitely get their FAST. I had Kawa650 saying HOLY S**T when he saw my low end get up...

GOT the Yellow FZ6R

Thanks to all!!

I picked up my Yellow FZ6R a few weeks ago..

frame sliders and Competition Werks FE installed...

Suggestions on Rim tape anyone?

Thanks,

Chris

Like you, I previously rode a Ninja 250 (my daughters). The dealer probably steered you to the FZ6 because no one is buying them now that the "R" has arrived! I LOVE this bike! I've had plenty of time to think about what I wanted from a bike, and the FZ6R DELIVERS on all counts. It's surprised a lot of fellow supersport and liter bike riders at how competent it is in the twisties. And I guaranty you, I'm a lot more comfortable on the ride there and back. As far as I'm concered, you cannot go wrong in chosing this bike. Was also looking at the Ninja 650R, but the reviews all said the same thing - the seat is only good for about 30 or so miles. Also, the aftermarket is exploding with parts for this bike - that should tell you something about it's popularity.

Thanks to all!!

I picked up my Yellow FZ6R a few weeks ago..

frame sliders and Competition Werks FE installed...

Suggestions on Rim tape anyone?

Thanks,

Chris

Congrats on your new bike. And I'm sorry you got the yellow...:justkidding:
The yellow is very cool :)

I'm still a blues man myself. :D I would have loved the white...but didnt have the testicular fortitude to stand up to all the crap people would dish...if only the 2010 white designs had come first....:disapprove:

Last edited:
the real q is why is the fz6 the same price as the fz6r . if it is REALLY BETTER . my theres a poor demand for the fz6 , its high strung eng is why i did not get one . it my be a better bike by the specs but not as easy to use

the real q is why is the fz6 the same price as the fz6r . if it is REALLY BETTER . my theres a poor demand for the fz6 , its high strung eng is why i did not get one . it my be a better bike by the specs but not as easy to use

I am now def curious about the fz6. I dont like the looks, but that can be fixed...though, for more money. The extra power might be nice...though, i already have a hard enough time finding spots to open her up...so...i guess, if you do track, it might be better, but really...more comfy, good looks, a little less top speed, and the 6R really does come out on top for the average to spirited rider. :)

Back