A Game of Thrones

Tmak73

Following up the hunger games thread.. Anyone into the Game of Thrones series?

I am on the fifth book right now and have watched the 1st season on HBO.
Really happy with the series so far lots of good plots and twists. The writer is really good at making you love/hate characters. I have become over-attached to a few of them but thats what I like about this series.

I like how they are doing seasons so we get a solid 10+ hours of film per book. Each season is supposed to follow a certain book but that may become skewed a bit as it progresses. Much better format this way I wish Lord of the Rings would have done a T.V. series this way but oh well.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Tmak73

Greg, the first one was a little slow for me for about the first couple hundred pages but after that it picked up. I started reading the books towards october or november and now I am on the fifth one.

The HBO series is decent. The books are definitely better in my opinion. Some of the character depictions are a little bit different in the show compared to the book but i'm still happy with the outcome of the shows so far.

NAFz6rJr

I Have never read the books but love the show....Interested to see how the next season goes.....I absolutely love the actress who play daenerys targaryen :steve: :drool: