3,000 Mile, 7-9 Day, Solo Road Trip

Jay S.

Day 7...my longest ride ever on the FZ6R

Dudes, I got to meet UNO979 today, which was very cool. Thanks for taking time to meet with me bro even though my time was short so I could get home. Today ended up being 819 miles. It was supposed to be a 2 day ride but I've seen East Texas a million times so I powered through after dark. As you can see in one of the pics I got home before midnight. I left MS at 6:30 so it was a very long day. I rode the Natchez Trace Parkway which was awesome. Pics of me and UNO, the parkway and some other stuff. The trip total was 7 days of riding for 2881 miles. The bike averaged 47 MPG...awesome!

Last edited:

Jay S.

A few more pics of day 7.

Have I ever told y'all how much I love my FZ6R? As a long time cruiser rider...I could never go back. If anything, I'll own and FJR or Concours in the next couple years. I'd be hard pressed to get rid of the 6R though, it's a beast!

Last edited:

Jay S.

Finally...my victory dinner. The family is still in MS and I knew there was no beer or food in the house. There is only so much I can get from 7-11 at midnight and fit on the bike when it's already loaded with gear. Good times.

I'm still waiting on my Tail of the Dragon pics from Killboy.com to come back.

Such a great tip y'all. Thank God for keeping me safe for a week of riding and thank Yamaha for such a great bike to do it on. Absolutely NO problems with the bike.

:thumbup:

Last edited:

Superzoom

Dudes, I got to meet UNO979 today, which was very cool. Thanks for taking time to meet with me bro even though my time was short so I could get home. Today ended up being 819 miles. It was supposed to be a 2 day ride but I've seen East Texas a million times so I powered through after dark. As you can see in one of the pics I got home before midnight. I left MS at 6:30 so it was a very long day. I rode the Natchez Trace Parkway which was awesome. Pics of me and UNO, the parkway and some other stuff. The trip total was 7 days of riding for 2881 miles. The bike averaged 47 MPG...awesome!
Thanks for the ride report, Jay. Looked like an amazing trip. Pretty much every trip I've done, I've ended off with a massive mileage day like you did!

I find the bike is really consistent with gas mileage on the highway. I get right around 47 MPG all the time too.

Do you have a mesh jacket? I'm a little worried about you riding around in t-shirts in hot weather.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Jay S.

Thanks for the ride report, Jay. Looked like an amazing trip. Pretty much every trip I've done, I've ended off with a massive mileage day like you did!

I find the bike is really consistent with gas mileage on the highway. I get right around 47 MPG all the time too.

Do you have a mesh jacket? I'm a little worried about you riding around in t-shirts in hot weather.
Yup and my jacket is even vented. It was so hot and humid that I felt like the risk of overheating was just too great. I've been riding for 15 years and rarely (nowdays) ride without my gear. It was a judgment call. Ugh. It felt like I was riding on the sun in Pensacola/Mobile traffic.

:facepalm:

Ahhhh well.

Jay S.

This is awesome! Look like you did enjoy the ride. I'm on my final prep for my 3K round trip. Can't wait to hit the road...

Did you get one of those Spot Tracker? I'm debating... I was planning to just checked in on FB every couple of hours or fuel stop along the way. Never going to be in the middle of nowhere here on the east coast.
I didn't use a tracker but I did text my wife every couple hours each day to let her know where I was at. And I did post on FB every night from the hotel.

Martin, I hope you have as much fun as I did. I'd do it again tomorrow if given permission.

:D

Jay S.

Final pics...promise

I just got these from my ride on the Dragon from killboy.com.

Last edited:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Jay S.

Thanks, I guess I'll do the same. I printed the Google maps that I will upload to my GPS. My wife will have a copy of the route I'm taking. + The FB check in and text to my wife... And I'm quite sure there's a few member that I should meet with along the way. I posted the map on Google+. CAN'T WAIT!!!
For the trip, my wife bought me a nice new GPS...I only used it once when I got lost. I had a blast using old school maps and Google Maps.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Z3roFlaw

/subbing to thread

Can't wait to see the video footage. The trip looks like it was awesome! I'm jealous. :)

Superzoom

Trying to get this damn video to render properly. I'm not editor but Vegas pro 10 has me pulling my hair out over that simple part lol. I'll keep working at it.
Uno, let me know if you need help with render settings. I'm pretty familiar with Vegas Pro 10. Are you setting it up for YouTube?

Jay S.

/subbing to thread

Can't wait to see the video footage. The trip looks like it was awesome! I'm jealous. :)
Glad you enjoyed it bro. I didn't take any video. UNO took a clip of me riding away I think.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member
Last edited:

buzzbomb

Elite Member
Last edited:

Jay S.

I am yes so I can post it here.. After the fifth time I finally got it right. It's mainly blah blah blah and more ramble and then at last 2 min I meet Jay S. Battery was dying so I turned it off. I do have some photos on my other camera I'll post up later. Busy with work atm and wont be back home until Sunday night.

Meeting Jay S.
That's pretty cool bro, thanks for the kind words. I really appreciate you taking the time to meet up, especially with me trying to get home a day early. Robert...I owe ya, but it all worked out in the end. I got home that night and missed the following day's rainstorm in central Tehas.

:cool:

I feel like a rockstar now. Thanks again Alan.

Jay S.

Those pics are awesome and you look heroic in them! They really make the FZ6R look like the great sport touring bike that it is.
I could not agree more. I think the bike is sexier now than ever before! I was telling Alan that I bought this bike with the intention of having it for 2 years and then moving to an FJR or Concours. After this trip, I may just keep it for a few years. It is MORE than enough bike to tour on.