2012 Yamaha R1 & R6 Revealed...

Detrich

Last edited:

Detrich

Pics from the links...

Detrich

The R1 is actually really nice looking IMO. It just takes some time to grow on u. The headlights and tailight + echaust assemblies are friggen cool as heck :)

JSP

Super Moderator
Errr.... weak sauce.. Everyone had so much anticipation that they were going to redesign the R6... this is basically the same design since 06??? Thats a long time without a major overhaul. :rolleyes: Its a wonderful bike, but we have lots of new technology since then, figured they would come up with SOMETHING new.

b_who

Yea i was hoping they would do a new overhaul too
wonder if they changed the internals like they did for the R1

Damn that anniversary edition is gorgeous :bow::drool:

Detrich

i think it's a way for them to "kick the can down the road" due to the bad economy... from a business stand point, it makes very little sense to overhaul a sport bike line with high tech gadgetry to a soft & unreceptive market.

that said, other than the 50th scheme and the black, i really dislike the paint schemes for the 2012's... i get that they're trying to go for a retro "70's" style look with those simply rectangular bars. but, i would've done that on a single color option and not mess with the entire line-up that way.

if i were forced to buy a 2012, i'd definitely spend the extra $ and buy a set of 2009 or 2010 plastics at the same time, swap them immediately, and then sell the 2012 plastics. they're just hideous.

what is yamaha thinking? :sigh:

CrazyCawi

I like this one :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Detrich

No major changes to the FZ-6R either. Only 2 colors though- black and white. they toned down all the graphics it seems. Nothing interesting really... :sigh:

2012 Yamaha FZ6R Home, information

CrazyCawi

wtf...every picture has a woman driving it.

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

Hellgate

Wow, Yamaha seems lost to me. I counted 31 cruisers under the Star brand, and 7 sport/standard bikes. I mean does the world really need 11 versions of the V Star???

ChasingSquid

As if I didn't already want to trade in my fz6r for a r6, now they have that 50th anniversary paint scheme!

Time to head on over to my local yamaha dealer...

JSP

Super Moderator
Out of all the color schemes, I am happiest with my Raven/Gold. Same with the FZ6R... I think that is the best looking one. (sorry yellows! ;) I loved mine, but black and gold together is just.... s e x y! The 50th anni is nice though... but I like more solid schemes.

CrazyCawi

Out of all the color schemes, I am happiest with my Raven/Gold. Same with the FZ6R... I think that is the best looking one. (sorry yellows! ;) I loved mine, but black and gold together is just.... s e x y! The 50th anni is nice though... but I like more solid schemes.
You're Lucky

Last edited by a moderator:

JSP

Super Moderator
You're Lucky

Fixed that for ya :D. Yes Yellow will always hold a place in my heart! You get molested by a kitteh last night or somethin? haha you sure do like the pussycat today! ;)

bmw675

Worse than that, the black bike is the 2011 Reddish Copper bike with out the Reddish Copper. Exact same decals on tank and fairing. Just with a black paint job. Lame.
yep, and the decals actually looks purple to me. i can't believe they only have 2 colors. i never thought they would have a model without a team blue choice.