2011 Suzuki GSX-R600 and GSX-R750 Revealed

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

bjs045

I really like the 08-09 model...this kind of disappointed me..
So did I. But then I realized they're all starting to look alike. Even our bike...I get tons of complements saying "wow nice gixxer" (refering to the 07 model)......I'm like ummm....Thanks? LOL. I'm glad they went back to the single head light.

I really like the big showa forks (like the kawi zx6r), shorter tail and sleeker fairings. In some way the bike also reminds me of the Honda VFR1200.

The tank looks really odd though, like its inflated or something...

JnT4Life

I'm liking the GSX1250FA myself. :D

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

MikeN02

I don't really like the headlight design of this year, I like the previous years 06-09.

Really don't like the fat tails of the gixxers either but everything else is great.

Detrich

I don't particularly like the way they did the 2-toned paint, as well as the fat, long-looking body that the gixxers have, in general. the only color gixxer that looks sexy to me is the white one, because the white & black contrast somehow masks all the bumps and humps on it that are in all the wrong places and wrong proportions... :shrugs:

for a 600cc super sport i think the R6 and CBR look way sexier... but, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, of course...

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

MikeN02

Agreed, my top choices of company are:
Yamaha
Honda
Suzuki
Kawasaki

Really like the 09's headlight with the crest/butterfly.

JonKerr

Elite Member

bjs045

The main thing I like about GSXR's with the factory blue and white schemes are the white wheels. For some reason I've always liked white wheels on a bike. Otherwise, they're just kind of average to me.
I agree about the white rims 100%. I even like the blue rims on the blue/white color scheme.

Nice and I'd consider one if I were looking into a supersport. But I still like the looks of both the R6 and R1 better. The 750 would be nice though as a nice bridge between the 600 and liter bike.
I do like the R6 (sexiest looking 600 out there IMHO) but the ergos are to aggressive for me. At 5'8" 185 pounds I got sore fast. I also had the opportunity to ride a 07' gsxr750 and a 07' cbr600. The cbr ergos felt better to me than the R6 but the gsxr felt like it was made for my size :p. Never road the kawi zx6r, but i've sat on the new 09 body style. (This bike is sexy as hell) but ergo wise it felt much like the R6.

bjs045

more fuel to the fire :eek:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zu8DOBAX374&feature=sub]YouTube - New 2011 Suzuki GSX-R600, GSX-R750 and GSR750 at Cologne[/ame]

bjs045

Even though I didn't like the foot location of the factory rear sets when I sat on it at IMS, this this is damn sexy.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vwxiv8LK3u4&feature=sub"]2011 Suzuki GSX-R600 Walkaround[/ame]

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

firefighter57

I wonder if those mirrors will work on the 6R....hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

There is just something about that bike that I despise. I am not sure if it is how the fairings come up to the top of the wind screen or what but the look just isn't there for me.

Detrich

To me the GSXR is too color sensitive... That is, the white looks really good, but other colors just make it look bulky & fat... Not particularly a big fan. I think my order of preference is:

BMW
Yamaha
Honda
Aprilla
Triumph
Suzuki
Ducatti
Kawasaki