2009 Yamaha FZ6R No pressure in clutch. PLEASE HELP ME

I replaced all the plates in the clutch a week ago (soaked for over a week in oil). Everything seemed alight until I could not get the wire circlip back on. I found in another forum people stating that it is not needing (cool I thought). Torqued to correct spec and rotated as I did it (little on each one crossing over(. I then oiled it back up (according to manual) and the clutch lever is soft and has no pressure to it. The adjusted on the lever has no effect. Clearly I missed something. Anyone have some suggestions I would love them as I am taking Sunday off to try and sort this out, or I will be having to get it towed to a shop. I really need to be out riding to help kept me sane.

I used motorcycle oil per the bike 10W.

The clutch cable is free and clear of any obstruction.

Thank you.

Attachments

Yeah, got it sorted this afternoon. My dumbass had an extra metal plate AND a friction plate in the mix. The shift road could not move properly to do its job.

Finish a few things tomorrow afternoon then I am going for a ride and testing out all the winter work that I have done.

speed19

ok cool. how many miles did you have on your old clutch plates and do you feel any difference with new clutch plates?