200,000 mile fz1. Yamaha can build a motor.

yfz6r

Denise (alias fz1grl) has crossed 200000 miles on her 2001 fz1.

She bought it new in 2002 and it has been under 10 years to make it that far.

Her maintenance includes regular oil changes, getting the valves checked per manual requirements, and replaced a rear master brake cylinder. Her first valve check at 27xxx miles, and the second at 67xxx. Her dealer told her not to bother unless she was having problems because everything was still perfect. She got a third just for peace of mind at 160xxx miles and had 2 exhaust valves that were barely out of line.
She also replaced forks and rear shock after just over 100k miles.
All other maintenance was just general manual suggestions.
Only mods besides aftermarket suspension is a corbin saddle, windscreen, and luggage.

She has never downed the bike. All maintenance was performed by her dealer and she made the 200k mile mark in the parking lot of that dealer.

The 2001-2005 fz1 is based off the first generation carbureted r1 motor. It's a liter class sport tourer.

This motorcycle is a tribute to Yamaha's quality. I know there are other bikes with more miles but for the amount of maintenance performed, this really is something.

Currently, she claims that the only mechanical issues of the motorcycle is that it burns a very small amount of oil.

Page 6 is the pick when she finally crossed the 200k mark.
200,000 Mile FZ1 - Page 6 - FZ1OA Message Board

She has a website with a few blog posts.
http://www.fz1grl.net/

She has also put 65k miles on a nighthawk!

Since we ride the little brother to this motorcycle and is produced by the same people, I thought some of you would like to read this. Our bikes will go as far as we let them.

yfz6r

I met her once in the midwest back when her bike was about 125k. Also talk to her on the fz1oa forums.