12 r1

Just installed the yoshis . Had to return a movie to redbox so I rode, smoking like a chimney. Some highschoolers were asking me why my exhaust is smoking. I told them cuz its fast. They were stunned. Hahaha..... sounds amazing!!!! Im in love, my gf is already complaining avout the r1, but it is what it is. Tank protector is gonna be this week. Im already spending like crazy. But I always manage to come up with excuses, to trick my self into buying accessories. I have a company car and a company gas card so I convinced my self that buying all this is just the substitute for the gas that I would buy if I drove my own car. This was my excuses when I purchased the r1 and is probably going to be my excuse when I purchase a speed boat lol.

Attachments

• 20130529_172020.jpg
    20130529_172020.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 20130529_172003.jpg
    20130529_172003.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 20130529_171942.jpg
    20130529_171942.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 15
^ true.. thank god we're allowed to split lanes in CA. I'd imagine it's not so bad in leathers tho...

by no means am i as good a rider as most of u guys.... but, after having had a few hundred miles, I'm beginning to understand why the dealer kept saying that most of my fears of the liter bike were kinda overblown. it really is just like a 600 super sport- just more power is all. and, if u've been riding a few years & have developed good control and safe riding habits, then there's really nothing to worry about. just continue using good instincts, ride ur ride, and give yourself time to get used to it... it's really a lotta fun and something to look forward to, imo...

I never thought the day id say it, but 600cc is really sometimes, not enough! lol. :)

^ true.. thank god we're allowed to split lanes in CA. I'd imagine it's not so bad in leathers tho...

by no means am i as good a rider as most of u guys.... but, after having had a few hundred miles, I'm beginning to understand why the dealer kept saying that most of my fears of the liter bike were kinda overblown. it really is just like a 600 super sport- just more power is all. and, if u've been riding a few years & have developed good control and safe riding habits, then there's really nothing to worry about. just continue using good instincts, ride ur ride, and give yourself time to get used to it... it's really a lotta fun and something to look forward to, imo...

I never thought the day id say it, but 600cc is really sometimes, not enough! lol. :)

Man you just hit the nail on the head. Even the comfort of a ss, I dont even feel like im in that aggressive riding stance. Only 400 miles and im already used to it,

Wow that exhaust looks like it means business... lol. :)

Yeah I wanted the akrapovic exhaust but I cant see myself paying 1500$. The yosh is a proven brand and the exhaust looks sick.sounds even better. The bike feels complete. It set me back 940$ with shipping but hey it could be worse. Carbon fiber is always gonna cost more. Now im ready ro finish breaking her in.

And due to the constant tank protector talk, I hopped on the R and rode to cycle gear and picked one up. Anything else I missed?

Well, tank pad is to prevent chips. I also put on the carbon fiber style GYTR heel plate trim, but that's b'cuz my Sidi boots cut up those things really easily.

Yeah I wanted the akrapovic exhaust but I cant see myself paying 1500$. The yosh is a proven brand and the exhaust looks sick.sounds even better. The bike feels complete. It set me back 940$ with shipping but hey it could be worse. Carbon fiber is always gonna cost more. Now im ready ro finish breaking her in.

And due to the constant tank protector talk, I hopped on the R and rode to cycle gear and picked one up. Anything else I missed?

I would recommend getting a set of spools for the rear and also a rear stand.

I have a Pit Bull rear stand and a set of Pit Bull spools for my bike and they are very nice to have. Pit Bull products are made extremely tough and can take a serious beating.

Yeah i will look for. A stand on craigslist

be careful, there are a lot of them out there that are just pure junk and I wouldn't trust a 250 on...

Some just can't handle weight. If flexes even a little bit when you go to look at it don't buy it. A stand shouldn't have flex in it.

Also the spools make life a lot easier when putting the rear of your bike up and even the Pit Bull brand of spools are only 20 bucks. You can't go wrong with that.

Yeah, well what u just said, makes sence. I will have to look into it.. whats the kawi weigh?

Yeah, well what u just said, makes sence. I will have to look into it.. whats the kawi weigh?

Right about 510lbs, just enough for to be able to lift the rear and move it around or the front, anymore and I don't think I could do it.

I use the stand a lot, whenever I want to do anything service wise it goes up on the stand. I do want to get a front stand though, that's next on my list.

Have you rode it with your gf on it yet? Do you plan to?

Well she used to be an insurance agent specializing in bikes in the oc down in cali. So she is terrified of bikes.
So she won't dare sit on one, besides I kind of hate having her around when I'm with the fellas. I usually ride with a large group if my buddies whom I have known since H.S. maybe one of these days she will get a larger size of ovaries and hop on the back and not annoy me about accidents and paralysis. Lol

Well she used to be an insurance agent specializing in bikes in the oc down in cali. So she is terrified of bikes.
So she won't dare sit on one, besides I kind of hate having her around when I'm with the fellas. I usually ride with a large group if my buddies whom I have known since H.S. maybe one of these days she will get a larger size of ovaries and hop on the back and not annoy me about accidents and paralysis. Lol

LOL, this sounds like the woman that after you mess up and marry her she makes you get rid of the bike because she's constantly complaining.

I have a friend like that, he got married and then she wouldn't stop making arguments about his bike so he finally sold it after a year or her constant annoying cry fests everytime he would go out on it.

Then he buys a boat and she refuses to go out on that..... WOMEN! at least some of them are a royal pain in the ***. Did you spot the single guy yet??? LOL!

LOL, this sounds like the woman that after you mess up and marry her she makes you get rid of the bike because she's constantly complaining.

I have a friend like that, he got married and then she wouldn't stop making arguments about his bike so he finally sold it after a year or her constant annoying cry fests everytime he would go out on it.

Then he buys a boat and she refuses to go out on that..... WOMEN! at least some of them are a royal pain in the ***. Did you spot the single guy yet??? LOL!

Hahaha, she knows better. She actually did buy me the sena 10 bluetooth com device for my helmet, but that's because I used to not answer her calls while riding. Now I don't have an excuse , women might lack in the strength department but they sure learned how to manipulate us big caveman dummies.

But I'm not going to get rid of my bike, my x box, and my guns, the other crap she can baryer for lol. Btw being single is great. I enjoyed it for a year or so.

ROFL.

My wife loves riding with me. She was 100% for getting a bike!

Consider yourself lucky. I think its because I live in the rainy city, we have shitty drivers roads are wet, and then you throw in a bike. Cool thing is, you are not required by law to have bike insurance, stupid law is 3 foot law at strip clubs and no alcohol we need an arab spring type movement to get this strip club shit figured out here in Seattle

Back