11 fz6r clock and trip resetting

ekleptical

Hello, new to the forum, and to the fz6r!!

Bought an 11 with 150 miles on it, and sorting out all the small stuff.

One thing about it is that every time I turn the ignition of for more than a few seconds, the trip counter and clock reset.

I found somewhere that its possibly hooked up to a switched power source, but I don't really know exactly what I'm looking for. I've taken the right fairing off, and the connector that connects the multi function meter seems good.

Has anyone had similar problems, or any ideas how to trouble shoot this? The wiring diagrams haven't been much help to me, although I've only perused them for about half an hour today.

Everything else seems to work properly, and as long as the ignition is on, both the trip meter and the clock function properly.

Thanks for any help, and if anybody in the area ever wants to ride, I'm always in!

UPDATE:

after looking through the wiring diagrams a bit I found a fuse which looked like it provided constant +12 inspecting the fuse found a bunch of corrosion, and a blown fuse. Replaced, and all is now good.

Looking forward to many twisty miles!!

Last edited:

lytehouse

Super Moderator
What a strange thing...I don't have an FZ6R, so can't really help with that, but I can :welcome: :welcome: you to the forum!