Yep! So I'm a little discouraged....

Spunky99

Since I have just about every speed and power mod done to my bike, I went with big huge decals on my rear cowl that say FZ6R so anyone wondering what the heck I'm riding knows what it is...Go ahead an rag on me and laugh...I don't care.
It isn't a R6 or a 1000RR or whatever but it does haul butt.

My motto is "So you beat my cheap a$$ bike but you had to really push it hard to do it".....LOL.:D

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Spunky99

I just hope he was able to stick with the Rotax engines since '08 came out.
Yes..Rotax but $45K is a bit steep. Someone made a comment about buying a Ducati 1190 and doing a full race prep on it and it'd be a lot cheaper.

owldaddy

$45k, the best isn't cheap. That does make the BMW S1000RR look a lot more reasonable when starting price is at $14k. I see the 1125 is still reasonable, put on a seat cowl and paint it red and white, who would know it isn't an 1190? For most wannabes it isn't about how fast you go, it's about bragging rights. That is until someone on a 6R passes them in mid turn ;)

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Spunky99

How much you think the insurance will be on that new Buell?

Bigevildoer

So, is this the bike that will have all those wannabes, who want the best sport bike money can buy have?
Buell Back in Business with 1190RS - Buell Sportbike News - Motorcycle USA

If I know anything about Eric Buell, this is going to be a contender for the best if it isn't the best. I had a feeling that when HD dropped his sport bike line that he would do something like this.
Oooohhhh Baby I WANT ONE OF THOSE!!!!! (please strap the nearest drool bucket to my chin).

The 1190 has been kicking butt all over Europe this year (check out pegasusracing.com).

Too bad it's probably going to be expensive - small company with limited production facilities = high price.

Mind you, I *LOVE* my 1125r - with the mods I've done I'll NEVER ride it to it's potential, not even on the track - I'm not good enough of a rider for that.
if you ever find one that you can ride, I strongly suggest you do - it's a real beast!

Bigevildoer

Yes..Rotax but $45K is a bit steep. Someone made a comment about buying a Ducati 1190 and doing a full race prep on it and it'd be a lot cheaper.
I think $45K is nowhere near what the production bike is going to cost. I think $20K is much closer. They charge $45K for the 1190 race bike - there is no way they can charge the same for a bike with downgraded parts and HP.

The race version gets 185 RWHP (TRIPLE the FZ6R - seriously) - so the street version will probably get closer to 165, maybe even 150. Non-titanium parts etc etc etc, all reduces the price.

The race 1190 is also the basic Rotax 1125 cc Helicon engine, blueprinted, bored and stroked to 1190 with valves, lifters etc all upgraded.

owldaddy

Eric was doing amazing things with his machines long before HD got in the picture. That is why I wasn't surprised to see him put together his race team. The man is focused on racing right now, but production machines are just down the road I bet. Anyone who can make a bike with a Sportster engine perform is a miracle worker.