Yamaha frame sliders

Rachel

I just got done putting on the Yamaha frame sliders. Once you have the correct tools its not very hard. You end up needing an 8mm hex wrench which is larger then the ones in your tool kit. You do have to drill the fairings but thats not hard either, although on the left side you don't need a 1.25 inch like the directions say. That gives you a hole a bit bigger then needed and you can see a little gap around the base of the slider. No big deal, just a heads up. I'm going to put an O ring on mine to hide it.

corwin06

are there frame sliders that dont involve you cutting your frame

Krappy

Yeah there are not cut ones. I know sho gun makes some and i think T Rex is the name of another, I could be wrong though. I have the sho gun they work great.

bmw675

Yeah there are not cut ones. I know sho gun makes some and i think T Rex is the name of another, I could be wrong though. I have the sho gun they work great.
i have the t-rex no cut ones. i cant tell you if they work great, dont want to find out either.

all ive heard is that they arn't as good as the ones where you need to cut, no offset mount like the op has.

Detrich

I have the Intuitive Racing no-cut frame sliders. and, they are a bit pricey (around $100 a set), but i know firsthand that they work very well. i've tipped my bike once or twice doing stupid, newbie stuff, and they took the blunt of the tip each time, with minimal damage elsewhere on the bike- which is why, i decided to replace the scuffed one with another IR one... they look very stealth too and blend in with the bike nicely, imo.

Last edited:

ksanbon

i have the t-rex no cut ones. i cant tell you if they work great, dont want to find out either.

all ive heard is that they arn't as good as the ones where you need to cut, no offset mount like the op has.
I inadvertently tested mine, and they do work great. When I went down, they kept my leg from getting pinned and saved my left cowling from suffering more than a few scratches.

corwin06

i just ordered sho gun frame sliders, listed as 38 and total was exactly 50 bucks. i hope they work like the reviews say haha

corwin06

quick question i accidentally ordered the fz6 frame sliders will those still fit?

Krappy

The sho gun works great. I came around a corner and found some carpet in the middle of the road and hit my brakes to hard. I went over the top of the bike, and the bike hit the road at about 25 mph. The slider was shaved down a little, and pretty much no damage to the rest of the bike.

i just ordered sho gun frame sliders, listed as 38 and total was exactly 50 bucks. i hope they work like the reviews say haha

corwin06

so would the fz6 sliders fit the fz6r you think?

Detrich

I would contact the vendor right away and have them correct the order so that you get FZ6-R frame sliders- before it ships out, if possible. Otherwise, do another order with the corrected model FZ6-R frame sliders. And, then contact the vendor and return the unused FZ6 ones upon arrival due to the error. Most places should understand the transposition error and give you a refund/ or credit.

The FZ6 & FZ6R are setup very differently. And, frame sliders go in very specific spots on the bike... It's highly unlikely frame sliders for the FZ6 will place the same spot for the FZ6-R. (Google some pictures and the differences will be immediately apparent.)

When browsing online, I have yet to see any vendors selling the same model frame sliders that are advertised to work for both FZ6 & FZ6R. But, that's just my observation...

corwin06

alright thats what i wanted to know so i could switch the order thanks very much

A1A

Just wondering if anybody has any close up pictures of there FZ6r with installed factory frame sliders?

Thanks