Worthwhile Leather pants

Bert-Aus

Found these pants for sale from the States a couple weeks back and thought I would take a chance on them.
Xelement Men's Armored Cowhide Leather Racing Pants

Being my birhtday soon I thought why not, better than jeans.
I was a little apprehensive upon ordering, thinking all sorts of negative things since they were sooo cheap (US$99.95) compared to brand name stuff in stores here (Sth Australia RRP cheapest i have seen around Aus$450).

With shipping rounded out to Aus$175 and only took 5 business days to my door!

Upon strapping them on and zipping to my jacket I noticed straight away the knee pads were in the wrong spot!
Well I turned them inside out (tag on pants Made in Pakistan -I wont hold that against them, they are a bit shorter than us Aussie's) unpicked the pad pockets and hand sewed them (see pic) into where my knees are -ewebeauty

Knee pads are about 8mm thick plus there is lots of 5mm foam padding on hips, under stretchy bits above knees and on funny shin pad areas.

IN short having worn them on 3 different runs through the hills for about 1.5 -2 hours each time they are comfortable and relieve me of the stress of loosing skin should I go lowsiding out.
I hadn't realised how soft I was being -or is that now beeing too over-confident?

Temperature wise well this last week here it has been around 36C - 39C, which is pretty dry heat around Adelaide and yes I have come back from rides smelling like a sports sock after a more than a few games of footy, but thankfully my jacket is ventilated which helps to keep me cool (traffic stops dont feel to comfy though)
If you you dont want to spend alot I highly reccomend these

Attachments

• relocated pads.jpg
    relocated pads.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 3
  • silk pulling.jpg
    silk pulling.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 4
  • knee pad.jpg
    knee pad.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 4
  • L2ltYWdlcy9wcm9kdWN0L2xhcmdlL0I3NDY2LWxlYXRoZXItcGFudHMtMDEuanBn_H_SW700.jpg
    L2ltYWdlcy9wcm9kdWN0L2xhcmdlL0I3NDY2LWxlYXRoZXItcGFudHMtMDEuanBn_H_SW700.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 7
  • L2ltYWdlcy9wcm9kdWN0L2xhcmdlL0I3NDY2LWxlYXRoZXItcGFudHMtMDIuanBn_H_SW700.jpg
    L2ltYWdlcy9wcm9kdWN0L2xhcmdlL0I3NDY2LWxlYXRoZXItcGFudHMtMDIuanBn_H_SW700.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 6
  • L2ltYWdlcy9wcm9kdWN0L2xhcmdlL0I3NDY2LWxlYXRoZXItcGFudHMtMDMuanBn_H_SW700.jpg
    L2ltYWdlcy9wcm9kdWN0L2xhcmdlL0I3NDY2LWxlYXRoZXItcGFudHMtMDMuanBn_H_SW700.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 6
  • L2ltYWdlcy9wcm9kdWN0L2xhcmdlL0I3NDY2LWxlYXRoZXItcGFudHMtMDQuanBn_H_SW700.jpg
    L2ltYWdlcy9wcm9kdWN0L2xhcmdlL0I3NDY2LWxlYXRoZXItcGFudHMtMDQuanBn_H_SW700.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 2

Back