Will a chevy dealership work on a mitsubishi?

yfz6r

A buddy of mine had his car backed into yesterday. He got quotes from some body shops. I suggested he go to the dealerships also. There is no mitsubishi dealership but there is a chevy, toyota, and ford in our area. Would they repair and paint a bumper? It probably only needs sprayed.

I googled this but just get a bunch of car dealer sites. And you guys are the smartest on the internet anyways.

JSP

Super Moderator
Most any dealer will work on any make/model.

yfz6r

That's what I was thinking but wanted to get a second opinion before wasting any time driving. Thanks

JSP

Super Moderator
That's what I was thinking but wanted to get a second opinion before wasting any time driving. Thanks

They do have phones as well.. Give em a call and ask. Only way to be sure. ;)

Brock Kickass

Most dealerships will work on any vehicle for a paying customer. Sales and service almost two entirely different operations in practice at many dealerships. Working in the automotive industry, I have seen several odd scenerios where sales and service are at odds and somewhat in competition with each other. If your buddy is going through insurance the insurer may have a list of recommended service shops. Most large dealerships will have a reasonably good collision centre.

S

Schybrid

only problem is , they may spray the bumper a chevy color.:scared:

BoneJj

i take it you are trying to get the highest quote possible for insurance payout?

that's about the only reason I would even consider taking a car to a dealer for body work. They will give you the highest quote possible in most cases.

If you are looking for quality work you might consider elsewhere but it all depends on your area though, you might be lucky and have a dealer with a rather good crew that can turn out a good product for body work.

danieljardim

i take it you are trying to get the highest quote possible for insurance payout?

that's about the only reason I would even consider taking a car to a dealer for body work. They will give you the highest quote possible in most cases.

If you are looking for quality work you might consider elsewhere but it all depends on your area though, you might be lucky and have a dealer with a rather good crew that can turn out a good product for body work.
Insurance companies dictate how much they gonna pay the body shop to do the work. If you bring to the dealer or to and independent body shop, quote will probably be the same.

Body shops or they comply with the price and do the job or they will not get insurance work and starve for work.