Why the FZ6R is NOT introduced in Denmark ....

F

Fz6Sa

So picking the Fiz up from service today, I got a talk with my local dealer, as to why the FZ6R was not in the shops in Denmark yet.

He could tell me that the main reason was price ....

The fact the the R comes with a factory full fairing would add close to 20.000,- DKR to it's retail price here in Denmark.

Being that the R should normally be priced at around 80/90.000 DKR the fairing would add 20% to its price, - putting the bike in the shops at around 100.000/110.000,- DKR. (or 18.500,- US$)
That would be the same (more or less) as the FZ6S2, - so sales on the R would be non-existing.

So sadly, - we are not going to see the new little brother on the Danish show room floors.

Nelly

The dealer could of course take a hit on the fairing cost? Or if Yamaha were serious about pushing the FZ6R they could absorb the costs. Or they could just import the FZ6R N and then create a demand for the other bike.
Anyway I think it's good news, at least the FZ6 isn't going to die in Denmark.
Nelly

F

Fz6Sa

Anyway I think it's good news, at least the FZ6 isn't going to die in Denmark.
Nelly
Defiantly not, - the dealer confirmed the the FZ6 still is going strong both in new and used sales.

I do however still think the R would be the perfect bike to win the wife over to getting her own licence and bike, - but I guess I just have to keep looking.

F

Fz6Sa

The dealer could of course take a hit on the fairing cost? Or if Yamaha were serious about pushing the FZ6R they could absorb the costs.
I don't think it's possible for the dealer, - (Using a FZ6 as example):

FZ6 without taxes: 30.000,- DKR (The R would properly be the same naked)
Full Fairing with Taxes: 15000,- DKR (estimated)

Now if the dealer have to take the hit, - it would properly cost him close to 10.000 DKR per bike, - that would simply ruin him.

Only option is for Yamaha to lower the pre tax price on the bike, - and I think the Danish market is to small for them to consider this.

Nelly

Its really down to Yamaha isn't it. If they want to aggressively sell the FZ6R.

Would it be cheaper to purchase your bike from a neighboring country?

Biking is certainly a luxury past time there.

Nelly

F

Fz6Sa

Its really down to Yamaha isn't it. If they want to aggressively sell the FZ6R.

Would it be cheaper to purchase your bike from a neighboring country?
If you import the bike yourself, - you have to pay the taxes anyway, - so that won't help on a new bike.

Biking is certainly a luxury past time there.

Nelly
You are starting to sound like the wife :):justkidding:

D

dako81

How does the fz6r cost more money?

The FZ6r/XJ6/Diversion is a completely different bike, not an FZ6 with a fairing added.

From what I get out of what you said, it's like he's telling you they can't get an r6 because the handlebar is too expensive, or they can't get an r1 because the ecm is too much. Those are things included with the bike.

I'm confused. How much cheaper is a non-faired fz6r than a faired one?

The fz6r/xj6/diversion should be cheaper than the FZ, with it's fairing included. Granted, it shouldn't be that much cheaper, it's only $200usd cheaper in the US.

F

Fz6Sa

How does the fz6r cost more money?

The FZ6r/XJ6/Diversion is a completely different bike, not an FZ6 with a fairing added.

From what I get out of what you said, it's like he's telling you they can't get an r6 because the handlebar is too expensive, or they can't get an r1 because the ecm is too much. Those are things included with the bike.

I'm confused. How much cheaper is a non-faired fz6r than a faired one?

The fz6r/xj6/diversion should be cheaper than the FZ, with it's fairing included. Granted, it shouldn't be that much cheaper, it's only $200usd cheaper in the US.
If what he is saying is correct, - a Naked FZ6R would cost like 15-20.000 less than the full fairing one.

The R would be compared in the shops to the FZ6 and the Diversion.
As it's a smaller bike, - people would expect a lower price on it.
Yamaha claims it's a fazer, - so in the shop it will look like the baby brother of the FZ6, - hence it should be priced lower.

The only reason the R would end up costing more than the FZ6, is that everything mounted on the bike is appraised by our tax people, and they then figure out the retail price by adding first 180% tax, and then 25% vat on top of that.

So the only way around it would be to offer the Fairing separately, so you would buy a naked R, and then pay the dealer to put the Fairing on.
It's been tried before to get around the tax-laws like that (i.e. Volvo tried it), and every time some try, they make a special addendum to the existing law, banning the creative move.

D

dako81

If what he is saying is correct, - a Naked FZ6R would cost like 15-20.000 less than the full fairing one.

The R would be compared in the shops to the FZ6 and the Diversion.
As it's a smaller bike, - people would expect a lower price on it.
Yamaha claims it's a fazer, - so in the shop it will look like the baby brother of the FZ6, - hence it should be priced lower.

The only reason the R would end up costing more than the FZ6, is that everything mounted on the bike is appraised by our tax people, and they then figure out the retail price by adding first 180% tax, and then 25% vat on top of that.

So the only way around it would be to offer the Fairing separately, so you would buy a naked R, and then pay the dealer to put the Fairing on.
It's been tried before to get around the tax-laws like that (i.e. Volvo tried it), and every time some try, they make a special addendum to the existing law, banning the creative move.
The "R" is a diversion. The US just has a different name, (in which I think was a bad move, I think it would sell better here as an XJ6/Diversion).

This is why I am confused by what you say. The US is the only place it's called the FZ6"R".

D

dako81

2009 Yamaha Motor USA FZ6R:

=

2009 Yamaha Motor UK XJ6 ABS:

=

2009 Yamaha Motor UK XJ6 Diversion ABS:

The differences are US version does not have ABS, among the other lighting differences we experience between countries, etc. ALSO, the US bike has a 2 piece seat that resembles the seats on the Super Sport bikes here such as the R6. Elsewhere the seat is 1 piece. But they're the same bike.

According to Yamaha-Motor.dk, you have the XJ6 and XJ6 Diversion ABS available.

Prices:

XJ6 Diversion:
Vejl. pris 94.998,00 DKK
Incl. moms og afgift

XJ6 Diversion ABS.
Vejl. udsalgspris
DKK. 99.998,00
Incl. moms og afgift

Kaskoforsikring fra
DKK. 3.682,00

XJ6:
Vejl. pris 85.998,00 DKK
Incl. moms og afgift

Kaskoforsikring fra DKK. 3.682,00

So, it's about 9000DKK more for the faired version, which works to about $1500 USD.

Now,

FZ6-N S2 (Naked full spec) for you,
Vejl. pris 109.998,00 DKK
2008 model. Incl. moms og afgift

Kaskoforsikring fra
DKK. 3.682,00

FZ6-S S2 (Half-faired Full spec) for you,
Vejl. pris 119.998,00 DKK
2008 model. Incl. moms og afgift

Kaskoforsikring fra
DKK. 3.682,00

So, the top of the line XJ6 Diversion (American FZ6R) is about 20,000 DKK less than the top of the line FZ6-S S2 (American FZ6). That's about $3,382 usd difference between the XJ6 and FZ6.

So, how would the faired XJ6 Diversion (FZ6R) impose on the territory of the full spec FZ6 S2 when there is a decent price gap between the two??

D

dako81

Is it possibly an issue where dealers there are not stocking any XJ6?

Or was it the confusion about which bike was what, and the name differences?

:Sport:

D

dako81

Now I feel like an A$$ and see the diversion is half-faired.

:squid:

F

Fz6Sa

Is it possibly an issue where dealers there are not stocking any XJ6?

Or was it the confusion about which bike was what, and the name differences?

:Sport:
Plenty of XJ6 in the shops, - but newer having seen the R IRL, I did not know it was a full fairing XJ6.
Are you 110% sure on this?

D

dako81

Plenty of XJ6 in the shops, - but newer having seen the R IRL, I did not know it was a full fairing XJ6.
Are you 110% sure on this?
I am 110% sure that the FZ6R is a XJ6 Diversion.

Yamaha decided to make the name have FZ in it in the US because they thaught that it would be more easily recognizable with people knowing the FZ6 and FZ1. I think it's a bad move, because, however the FZ6 and FZ1 are different bikes, the FZ6R implies that with the "R" there is something better about the bike, when really the only thing better about it is that it's more of a beginners bike. I think it will actually hurt the FZ6 in sales and reputation because most people will think the bikes are very closely related and based off the same chassis, etc.

I can hear it now "I beat a FZ6R, your FZ6 should be nothin..."

I believe Yamaha could have done better introducing the bike as an XJ6, XJ6 Diversion, or simply Diversion, creating a new bike with a new name in the market that fits into Yamaha's product lineup, but stands out as something different as well. When the name is only differentiated between two really different bikes with a simple "R" at the end, people are going to be too confused and not know what the differences are.

It's sort of like calling a Shelby GT500 mustang just "Mustang", and calling the base model v6 version the "Mustang GT".

S

steveindenmark

I am just pleased I am sticking with my 2006 FZ6 for this season.

It is becoming a total minefield out there. So much so even we do not know what is what.

Steve

Nelly

If you import the bike yourself, - you have to pay the taxes anyway, - so that won't help on a new bike.

You are starting to sound like the wife :):justkidding:
Sorry Mate lol.

I am just struggling to get my head around the cost of it, and the fact that you are only allowed to ride at certain times of the year (although I can understand from a safety point of view).

Nelly

Nelly

I am 110% sure that the FZ6R is a XJ6 Diversion.

Yamaha decided to make the name have FZ in it in the US because they thaught that it would be more easily recognizable with people knowing the FZ6 and FZ1. I think it's a bad move, because, however the FZ6 and FZ1 are different bikes, the FZ6R implies that with the "R" there is something better about the bike, when really the only thing better about it is that it's more of a beginners bike. I think it will actually hurt the FZ6 in sales and reputation because most people will think the bikes are very closely related and based off the same chassis, etc.

I can hear it now "I beat a FZ6R, your FZ6 should be nothin..."

I believe Yamaha could have done better introducing the bike as an XJ6, XJ6 Diversion, or simply Diversion, creating a new bike with a new name in the market that fits into Yamaha's product lineup, but stands out as something different as well. When the name is only differentiated between two really different bikes with a simple "R" at the end, people are going to be too confused and not know what the differences are.

It's sort of like calling a Shelby GT500 mustang just "Mustang", and calling the base model v6 version the "Mustang GT".
Yeah Brad,
You hit the nail on the head mate. The only difference is that the XJ6 is half faired so you actually get less plastic for your cash lol.

Nelly

F

Fz6Sa

Sorry Mate lol.

I am just struggling to get my head around the cost of it, and the fact that you are only allowed to ride at certain times of the year (although I can understand from a safety point of view).

Nelly
Not an easy task :)
Even for us that lives here it sometimes makes no sense what so ever.

Nelly

I think I am right in saying that we are not getting the fully faired FZ6R in the UK either:(. ?

Nelly