Why new handlebars?

cbzdel

I see so many people mentioning they want more aggressive handlebars..

I dont understand this??

You get an upright style bike then want to change the riding position to a non-upright position..

Can anyone explain this??

Personally I love the upright.. I can handle whatever speed I want to ride at.. I got my chicken strips to about a 1/8" and would take it further but the suspension feels to soft to lean anymore..

What is gained from changing the handlebars to more "aggressive" ones

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I guess having a set of aggressive handlebars would be nice if you chose to do a trackday, then switch back to the comfortable bars for everyday riding.

:don'tknow:

SiGPiGomer

I personally, would like to get a set of aggressive handlebars. I do alot of high way driving and like to ride tuck. It is alot more comfortable to ride tucked in on the highway, when you have aggressive handle bars. It still is a up right sitting, but you get to lean forward just a bit more. Plus, I dont care for the handlebars. They look to much like the handle bars on my dirt bike. Im sure many of you will agree with me on that. I get a lot on complaments on my bike, but I usually hear people say I should change the handle bars. Just my opinion on the subject, but everyone has different preferences.

jersy19

i wanted an r6 but couldnt afford it lol. but like previously said i like to tuck at higher speeds and this handle bar makes it uncomfortable and it does look like a normal bike handle bar. but i do get alot of compliments on my bike and even more now that i have my neons and my color shifting joker faces :)

MNDZA

My reason for this and probably goes for others as well is because I got this bike as my first bike to learn on because it is VERY easy to ride and comfortable which is important when first starting out. As I get more used to riding, I don't feel the need for a comfortable upright position all the time.

demon408

the link above has them for the 650r. u can still tell that somethins up. maybe an entire r6 front fork set up( with handle bars) but im a fan of this bike, last bike was a salvage title gsxr600