Who's a lone wolf and who's a social butterfly?

How many people do you like to ride with?

• Solo

Votes: 59 53.2%
  • One or two simpatico buddies

Votes: 46 41.4%
  • A small group of three to six others

Votes: 14 12.6%
  • The more the merrier

Votes: 12 10.8%

• Total voters

jocampo

I tried to find one or two buddies who I can ride with, but didn't work.

Maybe I'm getting too old (I'm 37) but usually they want to ride too fast and above legal speed limits.

I can't deny I love speed, but I find my self enjoying the ride if I ride below speed limit and actually paying attention to the road, panoramics and just enjoying the ride itself instead of focusing on going fast.

I also like twisties , something I started doing when I had my Ninja 250. The people I tried to ride with were finding those roads, boring

Yeah, I ride alone but would be nice if I can find, someday, someone who also enjoy riding for pleasure and not speed.

Last edited:

JustKatie

I ride with the husband but he is way over protective and has the kid gloves on! So when I would like to push myself a little and gain some experience he is holding me wayyy back (Bless his heart). I'm thinking I may ask him to ride in the back so this little birdy can stretch her wings

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

fz6rwolf

My 50th in a few months, so yeah I'm old LOL

F

Flyer421

I am Road Captain of my chapter in an MM. Group riding can be tough at least my guys follow the lead. The important part of group rides is respect and safety.

The other guys I ride with are other sport bike guys it's usually 2-4 of us and we go out to run them preety hard no new riders guys I have rode with for about 4 years now. Short rides around the area usually late at night.

Third type riding is with my best friend he owns a 2007 FZ6 we do very long road trips couple days about twice a year go pro vids will be up after our trip in a week or two we know each others style of riding and most of the trip is staggered riding but we hit some roads and do our own ride so to enjoy it. Such as the pig trail in arkansas the tail of the dragon those type roads. But still safety if we dont see each other for about 5 minutes the lead pulls over and waits to make sure nothing happened to the other.

Finally the solo ride my time usually for around town or commuting to some jobs I fly an hour away this is my most relaxing rides no worry about others just me.

All types have there own challenges but they are fun.

Ride on and keep the rubber side down

PhatPhizzixxer

Let me add to that post that I don't mind taking slower riders out on a ride. Done it many times. But I have to trust you. Trust that if I tell you that I'm going to takeoff through a section you're not going to be dumb and try to keep up.
When you mentored me on that ride we did, Jon, I was so nervous! But you were very patient & helpful. I see you out there occasionally...dunno if you know it's me, though. I so don't want to do group rides at all for the very reasons the OP mentioned. Would just really like to find another female who does the same pace as I do...slow & easy. :) The few females I've contacted have bailed at the last minute or are not willing to explore more. The only con to riding alone, for a female, is safety issues.

MustGoFaster

Well, I've always ridden solo. Back in Chicago, it was because the few people I knew that *did* have bikes had a waaay different schedule than me.

Out in AZ, I don't know anyone. (Still haven't hooked up with Mr. Citrus yet, tho.:D) So solo I go. I'm not sure I'd wanna ride more than 2-4 tho, unless mebbe once a year for a benefit ride. I want to be able to concentrate on the ride and what *I'm* doing, not what other people are doing.

I could see riding in a small group being fun, as long as we're all like-minded in terms of speed, risks, etc.