who carries a pocket knife?

Sparkxx1

Okay, I spoke to a friend who told me the knife laws in NYC, I've been wanting to carry one but I didn't know the law and wasn't about to test it. Most of these knives on this page would be illegal in NYC. Here it has to be:

-concealed
-blade less than 4 inches
-no double edge
-no locking mechanism
-no gravity knife
-I think no switchblade(not sure about this one)
-no spring assisted blade.

Yeah that rules out, MANY knives. I know most of you have switchblades with locking mechanisms. If you come to NY please leave them at home. My friend was 20 when he got arrested for a 1 inch switchblade with a locking mechanism. He was held all weekend and given community service at the end.

roundhouse

Okay, I spoke to a friend who told me the knife laws in NYC, I've been wanting to carry one but I didn't know the law and wasn't about to test it. Most of these knives on this page would be illegal in NYC. Here it has to be:

-concealed
-blade less than 4 inches
-no double edge
-no locking mechanism
-no gravity knife
-I think no switchblade(not sure about this one)
-no spring assisted blade.

Yeah that rules out, MANY knives. I know most of you have switchblades with locking mechanisms. If you come to NY please leave them at home. My friend was 20 when he got arrested for a 1 inch switchblade with a locking mechanism. He was held all weekend and given community service at the end.
in Texas it may not be over 5" and may not be automatic. pretty much anything else goes as far as i know

redprodigy35

I collect knives.

These would be my "carry's" however I live in NJ, and work in NYC so the spring assisted are illegal to carry as a civilian.

From left to right SOG Trident (w. special finish & etched SOG logo), SOG Flash II, and RAT Cutlery Izula (w. paracord handle by moi).

Attachments

Sparkxx1

I want to start carrying one plus a flashlight, so I've been researching. I don't want to end up in a bad situation with the cops.

cody34562

I want to start carrying one plus a flashlight, so I've been researching. I don't want to end up in a bad situation with the cops.
its only a bad situation if you get caught doing something wrong! the only way youre gonna get busted is if youre doing something else illegal that catches their attention. like not having a drivers' liscense...theyll only know if they pull you over for speeding, etc...

my knife is illegal because it's automatic, but im also in the military so i use that as an excuse...

Sparkxx1

its only a bad situation if you get caught doing something wrong! the only way youre gonna get busted is if youre doing something else illegal that catches their attention. like not having a drivers' liscense...theyll only know if they pull you over for speeding, etc...

my knife is illegal because it's automatic, but im also in the military so i use that as an excuse...
Some of the undercover cops here are pretty big assholes. They'll follow you around for blocks on end just waiting for an excuse to pull you over. Then find anything to take you in. It has happened to my friend while it was in the car, plus we were only heading home, not doing anything illegal.

It doesn't help that I'm 21 but look much younger.

Last edited:

24KMACH

This is my carry knife. It has a flashlight, ball point pin, ruler, scissors, etc, etc. I do not carry a knife for protection. I have a CWP and carry my Bond Arms 410/45LC for that.:eek: Never take a knife to a gun fight.:D

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

redprodigy35

I think the LEO's get shocked when you have mil-spec gear that may even trump what they are carrying.

I know this happened to a friend of mine when a former Marine cop pulled 'em over for a traffic violation. As they were talking in the car, the cop spots a Microtech (forget the model, $400+ fully auto) in the console. He asks to look @ it and my friend complies.... The cop asks "HOW/WHY DO YOU HAVE THIS?" -- "DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS IS!?!?!?!":eek:

Mind you my friend is a complete civilian. :cool: