Whittaker Mods

whittaker

here is the fz as it came how it whent and how i worked my ass of for a while, its all pretty much aftermarket the sides are from a 2010 model but fit with no problems to the 2011 model i didn't destroy the exhaust system in anyway but my goal from day one was to have a bike i could actually hear.. another little interesting thing on this is that these foot pegs came from a fj1300 but it was bought from a hong kong ebay store if anyone needs any help with replacement parts including bars control blocks fairings i have experienced this thing as naked as it gets and i have had to buy them again =X

Attachments

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

whittaker

my to do list

As many of you know a wombat decided to take out my beloved yamaha so i have been off the road for a while waiting on parts from the likes of oem dealers forum members and the good old fashioned ebay, ill start posting some things explaining how to do the stuff that i did which includes straightening the front arm after a crash fitting aftermarket fairing kits and the odd bodge to make things work in the short term i am a first year mechanic so im not the best person working on this bike currently but i haven't seen anyone else rebuild from a complete fuck up.

Atm my bike has a aftermarket fairing kit with the year model below fairings which fit fine with a bit of encouragement, some streamline blinkers and a de-badged 2010 fuel tank bought from an oem dealer online, i'd like to talk about the tank for a moment though it was an interesting thing to do and try and figure out if anyone would like a bit more info on the fz6rs tank and how to make a lower year model fit let me know on here and ill post an explanation it wasn't a hard job but it took a bit of convincing and the knee grips that go on the side of the tank you will need adhesive strips or even selastic if your game enough i suppose but i left them off for the time being so i can focus on the bikes other aspects.

i have a new crankcase to go on just waiting on some torx keys you need to get yourself a quality set with very precise measurements or you are going to have a very bad time stripping screws and the skin from your knuckles not a hard job but you need to be very mindful of how everything came together ill post photos when i do this on monday because i haven't seen an explanation as of yet, the main things i want to change atm are my left control block, levers, windscreen, exhaust and last but not least my front arm as i bodgied the front arm with a new weld after cutting away one of the struts of the arm.

the shifter was bent and all that jazz after the crash but that was one of the easy fixes grab yourself a hollow but rather thick bar, put the shifters arm into the bar and bend till your content with the angle i will post photos of the arm after the fix when i finish work tonight.

ill post the sites to which i bought the extra bits as well just to help that little bit more.

Cheers for reading - Whittaker.