Which Helmet?

iSpoolin

Alright guys, so Im looking to purchase a new helmet. Wanting in the 200-300$ range. I also want a graphic, to be honest i'm tired of looking at my plain jane matte black EXO :rolleyes:

So i've narrowed it down to two helmets.....

The Bell Vortex Flying Tiger:

and the Icon Alliance Torrent:

I had already ordered the Vortex, but I cancelled it and decided to do some more shopping and found the Alliance. The only thing over waying the Vortex from the Alliance so far is the Transition shield and the chin skirt.

TokenSSDD

I think the Transition shield alone would lead me towards the Bell. That's one sweet visor...

Superzoom

That Flying Tiger is awesome, but the blue sun on it looks like the one on the Taiwanese flag. Is that coincidence?

Ahh... Just Wiki'ed Flying Tigers and saw that they were American volunteers who fought with the Chinese. Makes sense, now.

Last edited:

JonKerr

Elite Member

Detrich

Nice! Bell has high marks on their crash test ratings too. How is visibility out the front?

The one thing I'm finding slightly annoying with my GP-Tech is that the front opening is so narrow. And in a tucked rising position u kinda have to lift you head a little bit to get a full view ahead cuz the forehead opening is so low... My HJC helmets don't have this issue.

bmw675

The one thing I'm finding slightly annoying with my GP-Tech is that the front opening is so narrow. And in a tucked rising position u kinda have to lift you head a little bit to get a full view ahead cuz the forehead opening is so low... My HJC helmets don't have this issue.
I actually have that problem with my hjc. the rf-1100 doesn't seem to have that problem for me, but like you, I'd like to know about the bell.