Where "to buy" and "Not to buy" dealerships

WANDERER

Just post it if you were satisfied or not with the dealership where you purchased your Bike & Why?
I'm sure alot of people will thank you for your post.

6R Blackout

Where to buy and Not to buy

I bought my bike from Cycle World in Houma, Louisiana. I live right outside of New Orleans about 50 mins. North of Houma. I went to New Orleans Powersports which is 10 mins from my home, and let me tell you, I will not go there to buy oil, chain lube etc. not a thing. Those guys are some of the biggest arragant asshole salesman out there. The people at Cycle Worl were very helpful, nice, and just plain good people. Not to mention they beat anyone's price in the Gulf South. They even called me to follow up and see how I enjoyed my bike.Cycle World will surely get my business again. :spank:

Detrich

Pasadena Yamaha in Pasadena, CA

Pasadena Yamaha in Pasadena, CA is a family-owned and operated shop. They offer friendly service and try to build good, long-term relationships with their customers. They are honest, straight-forward, and strive to make their customers happy.

That said, they are a smaller dealer. So, because of this their prices tend to fall into the 'average,' 'market price,' and 'slightly more expensive' range. But, they will make efforts to price match if you bring legitimate competitor prices to their attention.

:thumbup:

Last edited:

MikeN02

Being young sucks. I walked into a dealership and was talked into signing stuff that I had no idea about and owed a lot of money.

Stay away from Cycle Sport Center in Orlando, FL.

I moved on to Orlando Yamaha Kawasaki and they were friendly and helpful.

ry-mac75

For the Ontario folk

Both Snow City and Kahuna Powersports have great staff. I picked up my FZ6R off of Andy at Snow City - quality guy, great service. My gf bought her 250 Ninja from Kahuna - also super service there. Can't go wrong with either if you're in the GTA

firefighter57

Libby's Motoworld, New Haven, CT

Being young sucks. I walked into a dealership and was talked into signing stuff that I had no idea about and owed a lot of money.

On that same note, Libby's motoworld in New Haven CT was great about that. I am 21 and wasn't 100% sure of what I was doing being that this was my first big purchase on my own. They explained everything to me and even made suggestions that were in the best interest of me rather then their business or Yamaha. Their prices were pretty good, freight was cheaper then others I looked at but their service prices seem a bit steep (thank god I do it all my self anyways)

DragonBlu

I picked mine up at Pro Caliber in Longview,Wa. My experience was that they have excellent sales and service people. It's like any dealership purchase though,do your research before hand and don't be swayed by the BS. If you don't want extras like extended warranties,don't let them con you into it.

Superzoom

Both Snow City and Kahuna Powersports have great staff. I picked up my FZ6R off of Andy at Snow City - quality guy, great service. My gf bought her 250 Ninja from Kahuna - also super service there. Can't go wrong with either if you're in the GTA
From my limited experience with both, I agree.

I got my first oil change done at Snow City, and they have a great policy of test riding your bike after any work, even just an oil change.

Roaddawg

Don't buy from Napa Yamaha....well, because, they went out of business last February!! :D Actually, they were a good dealership, just bad economy at the time for them.

stevet

I bought my FZ6R from The North County House of Motorcycles in Vista, CA. Great experience throughout the whole shop. They gave me an incredible deal and have continued to do so on any thing I buy for the bike.

DocFZ

Derry Cycle Center, Derry NH. Decent deal on the bike, but whenever I want parts or gear they're right there with a discount!

Brock Kickass

I have the exact same bike as DocFZ, purchased at my local dealership, Arnprior Sportland, in Arnprior, Ontario, Canada. I am completely happy with them, and plan on buying my next bike from them when the time comes. They're a great bunch of people who still believe in "small town service." They don't scam people in to things they don't want/need, and even give me tips so I can service my own bike because they know I prefer to do things myself when I can. Some places will get bitter that they are not getting the labour $$ and shut you out, but these cats see the bigger picture.

DocFZ

I have the exact same bike as DocFZ, purchased at my local dealership, Arnprior Sportland, in Arnprior, Ontario, Canada. I am completely happy with them, and plan on buying my next bike from them when the time comes. They're a great bunch of people who still believe in "small town service." They don't scam people in to things they don't want/need, and even give me tips so I can service my own bike because they know I prefer to do things myself when I can. Some places will get bitter that they are not getting the labour $$ and shut you out, but these cats see the bigger picture.
I love our bikes!

e.blackadder

I'd wholeheartedly recommend the 2 places I have dealt with the most over the last few years:

1. Ride Motorsports in Woodinville, WA (they maintain local Police bikes)
2. Adventure Motorsports in Monroe, WA, where I got my FZ6R

The Monroe Motorsports were Kawasaki store and they were great for service, not so great for price, but they are no more. They ceased to be. They expired. (the rest of the Parrot Sketch is not suitable).

linkgt

THIS. Dealership I bought my bike from was ok (Crossbay motorsports in Bayshore,NY) But like you got into signing some dumb tire insurance and extended warranty -_- lesson learned i guess.

Decent shop, just dont get into buying any of the "extra" stuff when you buy your bike like I did. Same goes for any stealership.

Last edited:

AngryAnt

Bought mine from Cycle World in Slidell, LA. Good guys. They weren't pushy, returned my calls promptly and gave me an honest price without all the runaround.

On the other hand, never go to Hattiesburg Cycles in Hattiesburg, MS. Those guys can eat a d*ck for all I care. They wouldn't even tell me if they could get the bike I wanted without giving them $500, much less tell me *how much* they'd charge me once they got it (the 09 6R's were harder to come by for me, and I didn't want the raven/copper 2011 model). They're still rude every time I go in for an accessory (they're the only large bike shop in my town), so I absolutely avoid them if I can by ordering online.

blkbrd

Elite Member

findmadhav

This might be slightly off track, but never ever go to "Motorcycle Center LLC" in East Brunswick NJ. They are a mechanic and accessories shop. Every damn thing is high priced. For that matter they charge exorbitant amounts even for a small thing and are not friendly also. They would do a quote estimate for 1.5 - 2 hours for a 30 min job. Beware.

Bartholomew

I initially went to Yamaha Suzuki of Texas in Hurst, Texas (Dallas/Fort Worth area). The sales person was very friendly and helpful and I was treated well. When I ask for the "out the door" cash price, it seemed a little high to me, so I looked at a dealership in my hometown, Burleson, Texas (just south of Fort Worth). The dealership was called Yamaha Burleson Power Sports. They were just as friendly and helpful, but sold me the FZ6R for $700.00 less! I believe I will never stray again from my home town Burleson Power Sports!