wheelie, wheelies...you get the idea

Fizzer6R

nice try(s) - bring up the revs a little at a time and feather the clutch until you get comfortable knowing how much. as long as you don't grab alotta gas and dump the clutch you'll be fine :rockon:

Fizzer6R

what is this "feather the clutch"?
skip to around 2:00 mark

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDMivP58Smw]Feathering the Clutch (How to Go Fast from a Stop) - 250 Ninja 6 - YouTube[/ame]

Fizzer6R

you prob get the idea, but what you wanna do is the same you did in the video, then just get the clutch in and bring up the revs until you feel it engage/disengage the power so you can control how much you're feeding to the wheel/ground. same thing you do when starting off in first gear from a stop, except try rolling around 10mph or so and gauge by sound and feel the RPM's, unless you're really quick with the eyes hand coordination to actually look down and back up :)

just try not to hold the revs too long against the clutch as it's a sure way to burn em up and lessen the plate life span

Fizzer6R

practice makes perfect :thumbup:

just don't expect to be hanging em like this below as the FZ6R doesn't have enough HP to keep it up that long :eek:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6mCmTlLyX8]2004 Suzuki GSXR 1000 Wheelies, also topping out speedo 186MPH - YouTube[/ame]

Fizzer6R

i'm actually kinda glad bikes didn't have this kind of power when I grew up riding as who knows how much trouble and pain it might've been for me when I was young and stupid(er)

I can be cruising along 60-70mph on my zx-10r, grab some clutch in 3rd gear and it comes up no problem at all... I just don't have the guts to try and keep it going for more than a couple feet

buzzbomb

Elite Member

6R Blackout

One thing came to mind, is our front fork suspension heavy duty enough to handle the down force at the end of a wheelie, cause it seems to me sometimes I bottom out if I hit a pot hole just right? Maybe it's just my bike, but my forks are not real heavy duty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Casey (aka) Hunter77!

fz6r marc

Watch mchury's vid on YouTube

You tube "mikes fz6r stunting is a habit" and see the only worthwhile vid on wheelies using the 6r .. :eek:

fz6r marc

Your right

that bums me out man...:banghead:

but his level of skill is what i hope to acheive in the near future in time and practice.
It not the bike, it's the skill of the rider. His vid is awesome. Keep practicing, just wanted to show you your bike has plenty of power to do wheelies. Keep safe.

Fizzer6R

that bums me out man...:banghead:

but his level of skill is what i hope to acheive in the near future in time and practice.
that shouldn't bum you out man, it should give you hope! :steve: just don't crash trying to do the same :cool:

SpawnXX

Premium Member

SpawnXX

Premium Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member