Whats this wire?

cbzdel

I cant find this wire anywhere in the owners manual.. Is it something the dealer added?? Either way anyone know what its for?? I was thinking maybe a hook up for a battery charger?? Also if it matters the fuse attached it a 7.5amp...

Thanks in advance!

D

DaveOTZ

Its half of a battery Tender...

We should make this into a game...

N

necrotimus

It is called an SAE plug... besides a battery charger you can get several devices to run off of it like an air compressor or you can connect it to an sae to cigarette or sae to pwerlett for your accessories

cbzdel

We should make this into a game...
Guess it comes up alot??

sorry, not sure what to search for though lol :surrender:

fz6rwolf

Cool, wanted to get the cig type outlet to hook up the GPS but hadn't got around to where I could hook it up to so no searching for a decent hot wire now. Guess I could just buy one and run wire to this plug. Thanks:rockon:

C

CCHOUSEKY

Is that standard on the FZ6R??? If so, as Harry Carey used to say..."THAT'S BULL**IT!!!"

You all get a nice, factory installed power outlet and "we" don't? Man...Yamaha really DOES hate us! :D

cbzdel

I made a stop by the dealer while I was out today to ask them about it, and they told me a a standard item they put on all their equitment.. The guys are really cool there and were honest and said "boss man thinks it will increase out battery charder sales so he wants them on everything that goes out the door" hahah!!!!!!!!!

D

DaveOTZ

Guess it comes up alot??

sorry, not sure what to search for though lol :surrender:
Nah... Dude, I just mean taking random pics of aftermarket bike wires...

Sorry Sarcasm+Typing doesn't always equal sarcastic typing...

R

Red Wazp

Good dealer, buy the tender. Make sure the wire doesn't get "pinched " when replacing the seat. Wish my battery was so easy to get to.

C

CCHOUSEKY

Ahhh...so the dealer put it on there. Wow...that's an impressive thing for a dealer to do, IMO. Thanks! :thumbup:

J

jhosler

I have one on my bike as well. it makes it easier to hook up the tender this winter.

lil-hwe

I think a lot of dealerships install that on new bikes in case the battery is buried under the seat or something. It's nice that they do it. Makes it easier for the riders to hook up and that way they can easily sell you the tender...

:rockon:

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately, I can't find mine. I guess my dealership didn't install one. :(

fz6rwolf

Mine didn't either:(

fz6r rider

It is up to the dealer you bought it from. allot of dealers will put this wire on to boost battery tender sales. thats pretty much the only reason they put them on. other then convenience

cbzdel

It is up to the dealer you bought it from. allot of dealers will put this wire on to boost battery tender sales. thats pretty much the only reason they put them on. other then convenience
I would of been nice if they told me when I bought the bike, I probably would of bought a battery tender from them and just rolled it into my financing.. Now I will go elsewhere and spend 1/3 the price at the dealer