What was your first bike?

MikeN02

What was your first bike? And what do you own now?

First bike was 2002 Ninja EX 500.

Just own my FZ6R now, sold my car off to my brother because he needed one but now he's thinking of getting a Ninja 250.

FitZ6R

1989 Yamaha YX600 Radian. Basically, the FZ6R's predecessor by 20 years.

fz6rwolf

1st street legal xr(I think) 175 dualsport. Doing jumps and climbing hills one minute, on the street the next, fun times back in 1978.

bmw675

2009 fz6r...

Johnfz6r

92 Ninja 600R
Dropped it the first day at the end of the street at a stop sign, like 3 times. It was a bit scary to ride until I took the MSF course.

bjpinub

Had to delete my previous message because it somehow put a thumbs down in the title.:confused:

First time on a bike was on a Motofino 150cc scooter.
Rode a 80s model Honda Shadow I was storing for my dad.
First time on a bike for more than 20 minutes was in the MSF Basic Rider Course.
First bike I owned is my 2009 FZ6R.
The thrill and enjoyment of riding... priceless.
:D

DragonBlu

1967 Honda CB450 and I bought it in 1968. I was 16. She was top heavy,but rode like a Caddy. I used to run with friends that had 650 Bonneville Triumphs at that time. They were amazed that the Honda didn't leak oil like their British bikes.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

tractorboy

1st street bike....1986 Honda REBEL !!

YELLOW with GREEN METALLIC Flames.....Oh Yeahh baby....Behaave!!

I gotta find and post a pic!

PS that was only in '08!! just before The FZ6R. Wife felt so bad for me that she told me to get a grown up bike! Mission accomplished!!

RandiZ

First bike was a 2000 Vulcan 800 Classic.
Selling my Vulcan 500 to make room for the new yellow 2009 FZ6R. :D
Had a Nighthawk 750 in between.

flyingminno

First bike was an 89' Suzi Katana 600. Great bike and enough power to get in and out of situations, but I got tired of the styling and seating position after a year.

drew95gt

2004 Ninja 250R, still have it actually...looking to get a FZ6R by summer. Great 1st bike, I just don't like having to rev it sky high when on the freeways.

JSP

Super Moderator
2008 Honda Rebel is my first personally purchased. Put over 11k miles on it in the one year I had it. Good little bike. Rode it about 110 miles a day for work. Little engine screamed at 65mph though haha. It was time to move up! Got my moneys worth out of it.

First ridden was a Honda Trail 90 and 110. Now THOSE are some great little bikes! Not much for street use, maybe 50-55mph... but those things would take you through any field, trail, etc. Not a full out dirt bike but a really dependable little mule! My dad had the pair for years, really miss those things. :(

JSP

Super Moderator
Dart! Got me thinking about that Rebel so I check Valley Cycle Center where I traded it in on the FZ6R... They still got it!!!! They been sittin on that bike for over a year now.

Honda 2008 Rebel® (CMX250C)

You can see a pic of it sitting behind this Rebel, haha.

Honda 2007 Rebel® (CMX250C)