What video editing program?

MikeN02

Wondering what type of video editing program you guys use. What I use is Windows Movie maker because I'm a noob and it's easy to use. Now I want to go more in depth and so I got Sony Movie Studio HD Platinum 10, but I don't know how to use it!

JonKerr

Elite Member
Last edited:

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

MikeN02

Yeah but the thing is I borrowed a friend's camera (Flip Ultra HD) and windows movie maker doesn't seem to accept the format. Not sure why as it accepts every other video's format.

So I tried it on different computers and it still didn't work. Threw the video into the Sony video editor and it works. I don't really want to lose the quality of the HD either so I'm out of luck...

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

toofless

When I started messing around with making some videos of my RC racing I really liked the iMovie that comes on Macs.

I made this video with it, had two people shooting my race and tried to splice everything up seamlessly. Not bad for maybe my second attempt at anything but adding music to a video.

WARNING!! If you're offended by language don't click, the music is Marylyn Manson. ;)

YouTube - PIR 18R Opening Day A Main You Tube
+1 on iMovie... mac FTW!

(nice racing)

MikeN02

Thing about iMovie is... you have to have a mac, would love to own one but I have a windows...

Guess the only thing to really do is to find a converter for mp4.

Funkmaxtor

I hear Sony Vegas is a good one for a windows pc. I personally use either iMovie or Final Cut Pro on the mac. If you just want to do simple cuts you can use Quicktime Pro on a mac or pc. Most of the videos I upload to YouTube are done with Quicktime Pro since I don't use transitions or titles on most of my bike videos.

JnT4Life

Yeah but the thing is I borrowed a friend's camera (Flip Ultra HD) and windows movie maker doesn't seem to accept the format. Not sure why as it accepts every other video's format.

So I tried it on different computers and it still didn't work. Threw the video into the Sony video editor and it works. I don't really want to lose the quality of the HD either so I'm out of luck...
Google and download the K-Lite Codec pack. I use WMM and it works fine for my Vado HD.

gearhead

Wondering what type of video editing program you guys use. What I use is Windows Movie maker because I'm a noob and it's easy to use. Now I want to go more in depth and so I got Sony Movie Studio HD Platinum 10, but I don't know how to use it!
I have Pinnacle Studio 12 and really like it. Movies are extremely easy and intuitive to create; so is the sound/music editing. If I'm not simply resizing a pic for e-mail, then I go through Pinnicle for just about everything.

GHOSTWITTHEMOST

gopro editing help

just got a gopro 2 today and was wondering what u guys use to edit your videos.im trying with the cineform studios but i only get a white screen in step 2 ??? help i got this 300$ camera i need to be able to edit!!!

JonKerr

Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
I just use the windows movie maker in windows 7. Works great and really simple. Nothing super fancy but handles the gopro hd mp4 with ease.

Spunky99

I have Pinnacle Studio 12 and really like it. Movies are extremely easy and intuitive to create; so is the sound/music editing. If I'm not simply resizing a pic for e-mail, then I go through Pinnicle for just about everything.
+1 on the Pinnacle Studio.....

b_who

I use this PowerDirector 10 Deluxe | Video Editing Software u can buy this and download it or buy the box version and get it in the mail.
love this program, tons of transitions, effects, color adjusting, easy to do slo-mo's. There are plenty of tutorials on youtube and it really is nice, easy, and simple to use.

Here's a video that took me about 20 minutes to put together and that was mostly finding the clips i want to use.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MLglNmt-bA]Motorcycle ride up to Big Bear - YouTube[/ame]

JonKerr

Elite Member

b_who

What road is that? Other than the huge amount of traffic coming the other way I'd love to go play there.
Here's a nice link so u see exactly were
CA-18 N to CA-18 N - Google Maps

Tell u what, u come up here and ill show u Ortega, Idyllwild, GMR, and big bear mountain. All you have to do is show me Julian, Montezuma, banner grade, and highway 94 :D lol

But yea there is a lot of traffic there on the weekend, specially on sundays going down because there's a lot of snowboarding up in Big Bear and when the snow is gone there's a lot of mountain bikers and tournaments and they ALLLL leave at once it seems.

ylwf3vr

Sorry to revive this old thread, but since it's been over a year since the last post, just wondering what you all use for video editing.

Maybe newer/better/cheaper(?) software came out since then.