What REALLY bothers you?

bobski

I've been thinking about other bikes lately BUT when I was riding today I was thinking to myself 'what would I want another bike to do differently or how would I want it to feel different' . . and I couldn't come up with anything concrete and significant! Anything I could think of that in my opinion needed to be a little better there has been a simple and inexpensive solution to. Sooo . . aside from just wanting something completely different like a supersport or a big cruiser (in which case your needs have changed completely or you made a big mistake selecting the FZ6R in the first place) . . is there something about the FZ that is causing you consider a different bike? Personally I'm stumped, and I think that's a good thing for me :)

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member
Last edited:

See red

I am spending 900 bucks working out the rear suspension. I tour and have full bags, I weigh in at a healthy 195, my son 82. It is pushing the limits of the poor little shock that can't lmao! Also my wife and her counter weight, (ass) forget about it even trying.

bobski

For me there were a few reasons for adding the Triumph to my garage. Quicker accelleration and more torque across the rev band, lighter and more nimble, nakedness, and honestly it's been one of my dream bikes for quite a while. I've wanted to own a Triumph for as long as I've been riding.

Doesn't mean I don't love the 6R. I just wanted something with more character, and yes, I know the Triumph will probably be more tempermental, but when it's not running right, I've still got my reliable Yami there to back it up.

I'm also turning the 6R into a tourer, like you, and I didn't want to sport around town with a top case and saddle cases, nor put them on and take them off over and over.

Lots of reasons, but unlike women, bikes don't get jealous if you ride another one, and then leave it next to her. ;)
Hey Nastybutler, I like your cmment about 'character', maybe that's the intangible that I haven' been able to put my finger on. All the 6R does is just do everything well lol, and I love it for that, shouldn't that be enough :confused:

Xanroth

Have you ridden any other bikes?

I compare the bike I own to the bikes i've ridden. There are things a GSX-R or a CBR can do that excells where our bike fails.

Depends on what bikes you were thinking of when you asked the question. Depends on what type of rider you are.

buzzbomb

Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Doncan

What bothers me ?? Those ugly, useless, fake intake ducts that I can't wait to get rid off. I hate fake, non-functional things (and/or people). Other than that, I'm VERY happy with my bike. It's a very good, reliable, affordable bike...

Detrich

I always wanted a lighter-weight, sport bike to ride canyons on the weekend. 55 lbs is a very noticeable difference to me from just pushing it in and out of the garage... <lol> ok, maybe i need to hit the gym more? xP but, i do think there is an optimal weight for each person's height and strength. i'm short (5'6"), and I'm not that big (147lbs). so, a lighter bike like the R6 does feel more at home for me... but, if i were to commute every day, then the 6R would be a good trade-off for the riding comfort and easier slow speed steering capabilities. :) trying to do u-turns on the R6 is, well, not an easy thing. x_X

BoneJj

I'm on the different end of things. I currently have a cruiser, see sig....

and I want a sportier bike...

I like m y bike a lot, it's sexy and has decent power but I don't like the v-twin on it. It has a vibration that annoys me, it probably wouldn't bother anyone else though... I have joint damage and so on that is aggravated by the vibration at higher speeds. So I am switching to a sportier bike, not the fz6r though. I like the bike but it's too small for me, if they put the same motor in a bigger frame then I'd be happy.

I enjoy cruisers but I wish they would make some with the same inline 4s that are on the sport bikes, but they don't so ninja 1k it is for me. I'm going green.....

the fz6r seat was really uncomfortable for me. I still hang around here though because of the people...

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member
Last edited:

Chevyfazer

Hey Nastybutler, I like your cmment about 'character', maybe that's the intangible that I haven' been able to put my finger on. All the 6R does is just do everything well lol, and I love it for that, shouldn't that be enough :confused:
You saying that reminds me of a article I read about the "OG" fz, they called it the Swiss Army Knife of bikes, capable of doing anything you need it to do!

I'm sure that would translate over to the "R" as well

RooKie

Things that bother me about it?

The weight! Around 50lbs more than other sport bikes is quite a bit. I'm sure there's bricks hidden somewhere inside!

The relatively low top-speed, but for me it's a necessary evil. Keeps me from getting too crazy while on the road.

The lack of character bothers me as well. Wish it was louder (right off the show-room floor) and had more torque throughout the power band.

Ideally, I would want a 2006 ZX6R, BUT I couldn't afford it then and can't afford it now.

Realistically, I use my 6R for daily commuting and as much as some of the little things bother me... it's PERFECT for my purpose.

danieljardim

I'm on the different end of things. I currently have a cruiser, see sig....

and I want a sportier bike...

I like m y bike a lot, it's sexy and has decent power but I don't like the v-twin on it. It has a vibration that annoys me, it probably wouldn't bother anyone else though... I have joint damage and so on that is aggravated by the vibration at higher speeds. So I am switching to a sportier bike, not the fz6r though. I like the bike but it's too small for me, if they put the same motor in a bigger frame then I'd be happy.

I enjoy cruisers but I wish they would make some with the same inline 4s that are on the sport bikes, but they don't so ninja 1k it is for me. I'm going green.....

the fz6r seat was really uncomfortable for me. I still hang around here though because of the people...
Sorry to ask but how big are you?

I'm 6'1'' and 350 pounds and so far the 6r is being very comfortable to me.

I do look like a circus bear riding the little bike... hehehe... I don't think I will own the 6r forever unless my diet and exercise plan works out really beyond expectations.

That's why I always look for bigger bikes like busa, ninja 1k, zx-14 but the dream one is the diavel.

BoneJj

Sorry to ask but how big are you?

I'm 6'1'' and 350 pounds and so far the 6r is being very comfortable to me.

I do look like a circus bear riding the little bike... hehehe... I don't think I will own the 6r forever unless my diet and exercise plan works out really beyond expectations.

That's why I always look for bigger bikes like busa, ninja 1k, zx-14 but the dream one is the diavel.
I'm 6' and 270, you have a little more than me but IDK. I just couldn't stand the seat after sitting on it for a couple minutes at the dealer when I was checking them out. but yeah, I like the ninja 1k so that's what I'm after.

applejax

You're right. That's one of the reasons I love this bike so much. I've said before that I will always want bigger, better, faster. But to get any of those things, you lose everything else the FZ6R has to offer.

That being said, I wish the footpegs were just a little bit farther back. I'd also like a gear indicator. Beyond those things? A projector headlight would have nice. That would likely have raised the price by a few hundred bucks, though. The same for adjustable shocks. It'd be really nice, but raise the price. Aluminum frame, more aggressive brakes? Also nice, but then I probably couldn't have afforded to purchase this wonderful machine.

OK, got it. Usable underseat storage would have been cool. That's not moddable and it's next to useless for anything more than the included tool kit and some documents.

The end-story? There isn't much that one can really wish for on this bike that wouldn't make it another bike. I'm not saying it's perfect, but it is pretty darn close, for what it's meant to be.
Projector headlight mod: 150.00
Rearsets: 311.00
Gear indicator: 100.00

All simple mods you can do yourself in your garage.

bobski

Projector headlight mod: 150.00
Rearsets: 311.00
Gear indicator: 100.00

All simple mods you can do yourself in your garage.
Can you post a link to a gear indicator please?

RoadTrip

I loved the FZ6R while she was with me, she was a comfortable bike and I was very proud to own it. But, I had to taste a race bike, so got the gixxer, in the end, once acclimated, it's all riding - I never noticed any particular short coming with the FZ6R, I just wanted to try a SS. No regrets, I love the gixxer, and may even trade for a liter at some point, to me it's all bikes, just different, each having its own strengths and weaknessess.

I think the main thing peeps get hung up on is the move to a SS (I know I did), they are sportier, and the learning curve is much longer, and you eventually get comfortable and find yourself on the edge. You have to exercise more self-control on a SS to keep yourself safe, and bumpy roads can be choppy and unpleasant. But, the power and flickability are very nice, so there are the trade offs. The FZ6R does basically everything a SS does, but with a little softer approach, and won't tempt you to be as dangerous as much (except for Rook, of course), but if you got the one life syndrome like me, then you may end up wanting a taste of your own, but like I said, in the end it's all bikes.