What is your GPS setup?

Hoptownky

I am going to eventually add a GPS to my bike. I don't want to obstruct the view of my speedometer/tach. I will probably install a plug, hard wired to the electrical system. Any and all comments and suggestions are welcome. My mind is completely open. I would also appreciate brand/model recommendations. Pics would be nice.

JSP

Super Moderator
Hell, I still use google maps haha.

FitZ6R

I really like my Ram Mount: solid, adjustable, and versatile. Specific-fit holders are available for most GPSs.

My Garmin Nuvi 205W, on the other hand, has lost all #$%&* clue as to where the on earth it is. I could draw a red question mark and stick it on my Ram Mount, and it would be about as useful. So I'm using Google maps too, until I get it fixed or replaced.

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

See red

I have a really high tech one. LOL!!! My tank bag has a map pack with led lights. That way I can leave it there.

Br1ngiton

I like where you have the iphone mounted. Does it go dark after awhile until you touch it or get a call?
While TomTom is on the screen it doesn't dim or turn off. It is a large power drain tho. I hooked up a USB power port on my bike so it can run forever.
Google maps does have a tendency to dim but I think that can be changed in the power settings.

Last edited:

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

Br1ngiton

nice a7x XD that mounting spot doesnt seem so...safe?

Safe for the phone or safe for myself?
Its really easy to just glance down and check when the next turn is and its a good mount. It's been 10000km without a single problem and another 5000k on my mountain bike.

Here are some more pics if anyone wants them.

More pics

Bloke

Throw mine in my tank bag, clear window means I can glance down if I absolutely must, else earphones do the job.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Hoptownky

What model number is that? I like the way you have it mounted. Are you satisfied, or would you change anything?

frelay

What model number is that? I like the way you have it mounted. Are you satisfied, or would you change anything?
Zumo 660. I am satisfied with the product and the trafic receiver is a nice add-on (the wire you see on the windscreen).

I found it is a valuable tool when travelling on unknown roads, you can see the curves ahead as well as intesersections at night. I like to know what's comming.