What is up with all the sales?

See red

Simple... I am just curious WHY all the bikes are up for sale. I understand people want to sell in the spring... blah blah... however, there just seems to be a ton of bikes up, more than usual. On most sites, I don't know if you folks financed and can't make the payments, or what... just bored?

If you feel like sharing your reasoning, please do.

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

dekaliber

There does seem to be a flood of FZ6R sales recently -- mine included. I think for many people the FZ6R is seen as a suitable "starter" to step into a sportbike. The bike is ergonomically easy to learn on without losing the aggressive styling.

In my particular case, I upgraded to a GSX-R750 and have no need for 2 bikes. I loved the FZ6R, but I knew that ultimately I'd be saddling up to a supersport.

BoneJj

Simple... I am just curious WHY all the bikes are up for sale. I understand people want to sell in the spring... blah blah... however, there just seems to be a ton of bikes up, more than usual. On most sites, I don't know if you folks financed and can't make the payments, or what... just bored?

If you feel like sharing your reasoning, please do.
Right now it's the season down my way and people are riding and buying and selling bikes like crazy... BTW, there was already another thread on this topic recently.... lol.

roadrat

In my particular case, I upgraded to a GSX-R750 and have no need for 2 bikes. I loved the FZ6R, but I knew that ultimately I'd be saddling up to a supersport.
:hijack: That 750 sir, is a righteous bike. :D Have any pics? Is there anything about the 6r you appreciate more after buying the Gixxer? When I bought the Ninja 1000, it made the 6r seem super friendly, forgiving and easy to handle.

I left a trail of pee the first time I hit the Ninja's powerband. 10,000 - 14,000 rpm - I call it the Oh My Freaking God Zone. :eek:

10/22 DUDE

Trying to sell mine just because I'm ready for a bigger bike. The Fz6r is a wonderful bike and I'm glad I bought it for my first, but after 10,000 miles I want more power. Something I can roll down the freeway @ 90mph and be at 4,000rpm instead of 8,000. I will miss not having a bike payment when I buy a new 1,000 though lol.

bmw675

right now you have your spring sellers and your winter sellers that held out until now to maybe get a better price.

with gas prices the way they are, I wouldn't be suprised if there is greater market of buyers right now too. People should give details of that in their ads'. I was impressed with the mileage my 6r got, especially after I picked up the daytona. :(

See red

I am not using this as a starter bike, it's a downsize for me. I wanted something lighter that is still capable of touring. I also can tell you this is not a beginner bike, it's a UJM. Universal Japanese Motorcycle. Here in America we have to call everything something. LOL! So, because it is a good natured well balance bike it has to be for beginners???

I toured the first time on a honda 350..... That was the second largest bike you could own.

The reason some of you use it for a stepping stone is because you want to learn to ride, and this fits the bill to get there. I respect that, but the reason it works so well at doing it all is becuase it isn't aimed to do one thing superb. The ninja 1k is another that will bill this way.

I'm sorry for the rant, just reading the younger crowd starting out makes me sad to know some of us have gone full circle. small to large to smaller again, fast to faster and back to slowin down. lol! DAM AGE!

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

TokenSSDD

I'll never get rid of this bike.

Just like I never got rid of my 78' CB750 which has been sitting in the garage gathering dust for about 5 years now. It needs a new stator and clutch and I just haven't got around to it. I plan on cafe'n it out some day.

I'm still concidering a V-Max but I checked out an 1800 Wing the other day and holy crap is that a sweet ride.

The 6R will always be in my stable though.
Agreed. I plan on giving mine to my wife. You know, when I get my 675R. :D

See red

Mind you the goldwing is a sweet ride for crossing the lands on a highway, but you better keep that 6r or that thing will get heavy around town. I looked at the new bmw k1600gt for the long trips, same thing BIG dam bikes.. LOL

I also have my futura in storage so I guess my wanting a liter bike is kinda nill... ah well.

KeysRider3

There also seems to be a huge push by the manufacturers to stimulate the market with low interest rates. Suzuki now has 0% for up to 60 months on pretty much any road bike. Honda and Yamaha have 3.99% for 36 months (yeah, try paying that off in 36 months), and there are lots of stealerships that are not only lowering the sales price, but throwing out some or all of the freight and set-up fees. It's hard to resist..., until you spend some time on a true super sport, or a liter bike. The 6R is pretty much the best when it comes to both comfort and speed, not to mention affordability to buy and operate. But it's hard to not jump on a brand, spankin' new 2011 R1 when the price is under $10K !

See red

There also seems to be a huge push by the manufacturers to stimulate the market with low interest rates. Suzuki now has 0% for up to 60 months on pretty much any road bike. Honda and Yamaha have 3.99% for 36 months (yeah, try paying that off in 36 months), and there are lots of stealerships that are not only lowering the sales price, but throwing out some or all of the freight and set-up fees. It's hard to resist..., until you spend some time on a true super sport, or a liter bike. The 6R is pretty much the best when it comes to both comfort and speed, not to mention affordability to buy and operate. But it's hard to not jump on a brand, spankin' new 2011 R1 when the price is under $10K !

LOL... might have been on something close, like a rsv mille, falco, and an rvsr. However, I am at the stage where I am reverting back to more comfort with fun on the side.

I have yet to finance a bike, why would I give you another 5k all said and done and sweat the payments. I make payments to me and when I feel like it I buy a bike or car.