What is the Normal Operating Temp on average?

tho9504

Hello,
Recently got the bike. Just curious, what are all you normal operating temperature is after riding for an hour on average? Today, it's 70 degrees F. After riding for an half hour (Kept the RPM below 7k), i noticed the temperature at 219 degrees. Then when i finally parked up, i heard my fan come on. Is that normal? Do you guys/gals have the same issue? Is that even a problem or am i just paranoid?

Just curious if its my bike only or normal for all FZ6R. i would've expected the fan to come on - on a really hot day 90+ F. but at 70F, not sure why it ran at 219 F?

That is within standard operating range. After I changed my coolant and replaced it with Engine Ice, it seems that my temperatures are lower. On a 60-70 degrees F day, it seldom gets over 190-200 degrees unless I'm idling. Even on warm days, I've never seen it get over 214 degrees, even when idling. The fan clicks on and starts dropping the temps when it gets hot.

And yes, when I stop the bike the fan usually has started up, until I turn the ignition off.

blkbrd

Elite Member

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

tho9504

Short answer, no that is not normal.

Mine runs anywhere from 165° on a cool day to 195° on a hot day while moving at highway speeds. It will heat up of course when stopped or riding slow. The fan will turn on at 210°, and back off once down to 200°.

In 4 years I have never seen mine hit 219° even when it's 95° outside.
damn.... i just bought the bike used 2012 with only 650 miles on it. Don't know why it's high, when the bike is barely broken in. Maybe, i need to do a coolant change.

Vath

damn.... i just bought the bike used 2012 with only 650 miles on it. Don't know why it's high, when the bike is barely broken in. Maybe, i need to do a coolant change.
I do a ton of city riding with mine and am just getting it to about 750 miles. I average between 180 and 220 depending on how stop and go the traffic is.

I had this exact same concern a few weeks back and did some research. The Yamaha dealership as well as the owners manual state that the bike is fine as long as it's under 243 degrees Fahrenheit.

Don't worry about your temp unless it gets above 243. :)

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member