what is the depreciation value of our bike ?

So 09 fz6r im the third owner, bought it for $3500 with 5k miles on it. I added three thousand more miles on it and the bike was laid down by the first owner. I converted it into a naked streetfighter and it will need a rear tire soon. Bike is stock By the way. So someone i know wants to buy it off me for $2700. Is that a fair deal or is he trying to rip me off ? I was gonna put it up on craigslist for $3k and he offered me three hundred less then what im asking for... what do you guys think ?

xorbe

It's worth whatever you can convince someone else to pay. You can't make them pay more than they are willing.

MrFrzZ

It's worth whatever you can convince someone else to pay. You can't make them pay more than they are willing.
basically this.

If you wanted to Sell it at 3K, then I would list it for 3100 or 3200 to give yourself some room to move on it. His offer of 2700 is just a ploy to negotiate. He is probably willing to pay 2800 or even 3000, but you'll have to haggle to see where his breaking point is.

Bad thing is, you lose negotiating power due to the fact that the bike was dropped, and it will need a new back tire.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member
If KBB says it's worth $3,000 in good condition then $2700 is a good deal. The bike is naked (new plastics aren't cheap if someone wanted to go back to stock) and needs a new tire at the least. I'd say $2800, SOLD!
Thanks guys,Its a really nice bike it was my first bike that i learned how to ride on but honestly it scares the crap out of me and its very heavy. Gonna downgrade and get a Honda Grom once this goes through ! They look so fun and they don't intimidate me lol :)

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

GhostRider7

What is a good deal?

I used to sell cars and one thing I've learned from that experience is that a good deal is just a state of mind. If both parties are happy with the deal then it's a good one.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member